Shabbat shalom. Our hearts remain heavy with the weight of the last two weeks. We had updates from our partners in Ramat HaNegev, Boulder’s Sister City in Israel this week.
There are many fundraising appeals making the rounds. We have two: from JNF-USA and from The Kibbutz Movement. JEWISHcolorado has also opened an appeal. We will have more tzedakah opportunities in the coming days.
Our thoughts and prayers are once again with our brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, and the women of this country.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy. Am Yisrael Chai!
Here are stories from the last week:
- The Boulder Jewish Film Festival Responds to the Crisis in Israel (10/19/2023) - Two tragically relevant short films have been added to the festival in response to the Hamas attack on Israel Continue Reading
- I Am Choked with Grief; a Live Update from Jerusalem (10/19/2023) - Flashing in front of my eyes is the image of a young girl… A young teenager just like me. Skin and flesh naked, being burnt alive. Continue Reading
- Column: Hamas Defenders Can’t Handle the Truth (10/19/2023) - “Does the whole world hate the Jews?” Continue Reading
- Special Video Message from Ramat HaNegev to Boulder (10/18/2023) - Eran Doron, the Mayor of Boulder's Israeli sister city Ramat HaNegev, provided this exclusive video message to the Boulder Jewish News on Thursday, October 18, 2023. Continue Reading
- Video Replay of JEWISHcolorado Briefing from Ramat HaNegev (10/18/2023) - If you were unable to attend or you would like to hear it again, you can find the link to the recording here. Continue Reading
- Letter: We Cannot Accept Refugees With a Very High Risk of Terrorism (10/17/2023) - We cannot accept refugees with a very high risk of terrorism, and whose fellow Arabs do not want them. Continue Reading
- Letter: Biden’s “Rules of War”? (10/17/2023) - Like Rafael Medoff, I am dismayed that Pres. Biden felt it necessary to remind Israel to try to avoid civilian casualties. Biden should be well aware that Israel goes to extraordinary lengths to avoid injuring or killing civilians when Israel is forced to respond to attacks on her own civilians. Continue Reading
- Latest Israel Update from JEWISHcolorado (10/15/2023) - We continue monitoring major developments locally and in Israel related to Israel’s war against Hamas. Here's what we know, and what we are doing. Continue Reading
- Opinion: Biden’s “Rules of War”? Not in World War II (10/15/2023) - President Biden has urged Israel to observe war rules when striking back at Hamas, emphasizing the importance of avoiding civilian casualties. This stance is contrasted with actions taken by the U.S. and its allies during World War II, where civilian fatalities were often deemed an unfortunate yet inevitable aspect of their strategy. Continue Reading
- Where Can I Read Reliable News? What Is Really Going On? (10/15/2023) - Rabbi Korngold recommends Jewish Telegraphic Agency as a good source of reliable, honest news about Israel in these fraught times. Continue Reading
- A Time for Idealism and a Time for Unity (10/19/2023) - An inspiring message from Rabbi Pesach Scheiner of the Boulder County Center for Judaism. Continue Reading
- How Dare You? (10/19/2023) - A poem by Malky Allouch Continue Reading
- A Begging Prayer, a Prayer for Light (10/19/2023) - A new poem from Todd Greenberg Continue Reading
- Abraham – A Poem for Healing (10/17/2023) - A new poem from Todd Greenberg. Continue Reading
- Matthew Fineberg Bet Mitzvah (10/15/2023) - On Saturday, October 21st, 2023 Matthew Fineberg will be called to the Torah as Bet Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
- Morris Schwartz Bar Mitzvah (10/15/2023) - On Saturday, October 21st, 2023, Morris Schwartz will be called to the Torah as Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Bonai Shalom. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- New Series Beginning This Sunday: Faith and Trust When We Experience Difficulties (10/19/2023) - Chany Scheiner of Boulder Center for Judaism will be hosting an enlightening class on the topic of cultivating faith and trust in times of hardship. Continue Reading
- Immerse Yourself in Soap Making at the Boulder JCC (10/19/2023) - The Boulder JCC's Milk and Honey Farm is offering an amazing class for the community to be involved in crafting, community, and sustainability. Continue Reading
- JEWISHcolorado Hosting Zoom Israel Update with Ramat HaNegev Mayor Eran Doron (10/17/2023) - JEWISHcolorado announced today that the Israel and Overseas Center will host a Zoom meeting with Mayor Eran Doron of Ramat HaNegev, Boulder's Sister City in Israel, at 10 am Wednesday, October 18. Continue Reading