Shabbat shalom! A couple of events coming up this weekend: a Women’s Brunch and Learn at the Boulder County Center for Judaism, Playback Theater and We Are Our Stories at the JCC Boulder, and a Genetic Screening Panel and testing event at JCC Denver.
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with our brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, and the women of this country.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Column: Jewish PTSD…From a Pittsburgh Shul to a Vegas School (4/27/2023) - The shock value of the spectacle that General Dwight D. Eisenhower witnessed at the Ohrdruf concentration camp on April 12, 1945, is now being revived on a smaller scale with the Tree of Life trial and a grisly attack in Las Vegas. Continue Reading
- Letter: “Rock Throwing” is a Dangerous Crime (4/27/2023) - The news of three teens' recent rock throwing highway spree, ("Three men arrested in connection with fatal rock-throwing spree", Daily Camera 4/26/23) that killed one young driver, surely shocked Coloradans and many others around the nation. Continue Reading
- Letter: No Anti-Semitism Here? (4/24/2023) - Bruce Ticker says that few people are fooled by Palestinians claiming that their attacks on Israelis are driven by Israeli policy. ("Column: No Anti-Semitism Here", BJN 4/21/2023.) Unfortunately, that is not true. Continue Reading
- RSVP Now for Sunday Women’s Brunch and Learn and Workshop! (4/27/2023) - Participate in a workshop with a guest speaker from Safed, Israel city of Kabbala on the topic: "Seven secrets to life and pleasure." This is part of the bi-weekly series of Brunch and Learn for Women that are hosted by Boulder Center for Judaism. Continue Reading
- When Offering Advice Yield to Restraint (4/27/2023) - I once said to my therapist that my love language is making helpful suggestions. But here's the thing. It's not true, because at its core, making helpful suggestions is a form of trying to control a situation or my own anxiety when people speak to me about their troubles or their pain. Or, I’m trying… Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC to Present Community Shaliach’s Final Israel Update (4/24/2023) - Community Shaliach Itai Divinsky has served our community for the last four years and is headed back to Israel in June. We will have the chance to say farewell and have a presentation from Itai with highlights on topics in Israel that you might not hear about in the news. Continue Reading
- Zev Tilzer Bar Mitzvah (4/24/2023) - On Saturday, April 29th, 2023, Zev Tilzer will be called to the Torah as Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Award-Winning Comedian Eddie Brill Will Bring Laughter to Foothills Community, CBE (4/27/2023) - Tickets Now Available -- Live at Congregation Beth Evergreen on Sunday, May 7, at 3:00 p.m. Continue Reading
- Denver Philanthropists to Celebrate Israel at 75 at Annual Community Breakfast (4/27/2023) - For lovers of Israel in the Colorado region, it’s time once again to celebrate the Jewish State with the leading philanthropic organization for Israel. On Tuesday, May 16, 2023, Jewish National Fund-USA’s Breakfast for Israel will be held at the Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum. Continue Reading
- Free Genetic Testing and Panel Discussion Sunday at JCC Denver (4/27/2023) - This Sunday, JCC Denver is partnering with JScreen and Colorado Ovarian Cancer Alliance to provide an informational panel discussion on genetic screening for both reproductive purposes and early detection of cancer. Continue Reading
- Party to Thrive Brings Community Together to Support Local Food and Nutrition (4/27/2023) - This event is all about celebrating the delicious and healthy food that can be found right in our own community. Party to Thrive presents: Soil and Soul. May 6th, 2023 Continue Reading
- Celebrate Israel This Week at the Boulder JCC (4/24/2023) - The Boulder JCC welcomes the community to celebrate Yom Ha'atzmaut on Wednesday, April 26 with an outdoor concert, picnic, and engaging activities for all ages. Continue Reading
- Women of the J and Hadassah Present Maj & Mingle (4/24/2023) - Hadassah and Women of the J are excited to introduce Mah Jongg at the Maj & Mingle program on Thursday, May 4, 2023 at the Boulder JCC. Come with a foursome or play with new friends. Need a lesson? We will have instructors on-hand to provide insight. Continue Reading