Shabbat shalom and Shana Tovah! Happy 5283, which of course, starts on Sunday night. Check out our High Holidays page for a roundup of posts and links to help you navigate the holidays. Meanwhile, the Boulder JCC is having a special Farmside Friday morning Shabbat celebration today from 9:00 am to 10:30 am, in case you are reading this early! And for those not up for a synagogue service, Boulder County Center for Judaism is holding an outside Shofar blowing on Monday.
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, as well as the women of this country.
Stay cool, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Hundreds Attend Fall Festival at Boulder JCC (9/22/2022) - Despite cool weather seemingly threatening rain on the first official day of Fall in Boulder, hundreds of members of the community showed up for family-friendly fun and food-truck fare. Continue Reading
- Column: Josh Shapiro’s Jewish ‘Privilege’ at Issue in PA Governor’s Race (9/22/2022) - It is no wonder that Doug Mastriano assailed a prominent Jewish day school attended by his rival for the Pennsylvania governor’s office. How else can he possibly woo antisemitic voters? Continue Reading
- Book Your Next Event at Levin Hall (9/20/2022) - Looking for a rental space for your upcoming wedding, gala, fundraiser, or special event? Look no further than Levin Hall at the Boulder JCC. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Hosts Farmside Shabbat With Special Guest Friday Morning (9/22/2022) - "Sha-bbat, Sha-lom, Hay!" Join us this Friday, September 23 from 9:30 - 10:30 am for Farmside Shabbat under the tent at Milk & Honey Farm. Continue Reading
- Shofar in the Park on Monday! (9/22/2022) - To accommodate those who would otherwise not participate in formal Rosh Hashanah synagogue services, Rabbi Scheiner of Boulder Center for Judaism is promoting a brief, open-to-all, Rosh Hashanah ceremony that includes the primary observances of the holiday. There will be a special activity for kids and a small holiday gift takeaway. Continue Reading
- A Riddle for You (9/22/2022) - Our sages teach the power of Rosh Hashanah: This is when G-d bestows the world, and each individual creature, with all of the divine blessings for the upcoming year. He opens new channels to allow our unique gifts to enter our lives. Continue Reading
- Experience Beth Ami’s Humanistic Rosh Hashanah and Tashlich Live (9/20/2022) - Enjoy our humanistic Rosh Hashanah/Tashlich experience in person next to the lovely Viele Lake in south Boulder at the Harlow Platts Picnic Shelter. Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet – Florence Lavin z”l (9/20/2022) - Florence Lavin, mother of Francine Lavin Weaver, passed away this morning in Springfield, Massachusetts. Florence was 99 years old and lived a full life! Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- New International Biopic Tributes the Remarkable Life Of A Leading Los Alamos Scientist (9/20/2022) - "Adventures of a Mathematician," a feature film based on the life of CU Professor Stan Ulam, closes the Boulder Jewish Film Festival November 13. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC High Holiday Food Drive (9/22/2022) - Join us in support of the High Holidays Food Drive, benefitting Community Food Share’s ongoing fight against hunger in Boulder and Broomfield Counties. Continue Reading
- Mindful Returning this Holiday Season (9/22/2022) - The Boulder JCC has begun offering in-person meditation on Thursday mornings from 9 to 9:30 a.m. In these 30 minute sessions there is a short Jewish mindfulness teaching, 18 minutes of silence, several minutes for voluntary sharing, and the reciting of a healing prayer, and Kaddish. Continue Reading
- Find Community, Connection, and Joy at the Boulder JCC This Season – And All Year ‘Round (9/20/2022) - Community, connection, and joy are core to what we do at the JCC. By creating unique and meaningful opportunities to gather, celebrate, and engage, we are a community hub for everyone in Boulder County. Continue Reading