Shabbat shalom and Shana Tovah 5780!
A recurring theme of this year’s high holidays is action and reaction to climate change and the recent speeches and protests calling for concerted effort to battle climate change and its effects. We are posting several this week for your thoughtful consideration.
Check our High Holidays page for all the latest New Year’s posts, as well as our Rosh Hashanah video playlist, also provided below.
Stay warm (that’s Colorado weather for you), and have a great weekend. We had a short week this week, so a relatively limited number of posts. Enjoy!
- This High Holiday Season, Commit To Joining The Fight Against Climate Change (10/3/2019) - This piece by Boulder's Yonatan Malin appeared in The Forward on September 25, 2019. Continue Reading
- 5780: The Year of Environmental Teshuva (10/3/2019) - The Jerusalem Post published this op-ed by Nigel Savage, CEO of Hazon, on October 2nd, 2019. Continue Reading
- MazelTogether and PJ Library Create Family Connector Program (10/1/2019) - MazelTogether has partnered up with PJ Library to create our Family Connector Fellowship Program. MazelTogether (MT) is a catalyst, connector, and concierge for local families with young children in the metro Denver community to find their people, their path and their place in Jewish life. Continue Reading
- Trees, Animals and the Weather – Rosh HaShanah 5780 (10/3/2019) - In honor of 5780, I planted 80 saplings in Colorado as a tribute to my teacher, my rabbi and mentor in London, Jonathan Wittenberg. Continue Reading
- Memories of Martin Bernheimer z”l (10/3/2019) - My remarkably accomplished brother Martin Bernheimer held a unique place in the story of my life. He passed away on September 29th. Continue Reading
- Rosh Hashanah in the Rockies (10/1/2019) - The Adventure Judaism Rosh Hashanah in the Rockies was relaxing, releasing, and reviving, with 153 participants gathered at Camp Granite Lake. Continue Reading
- L’Shanah Tovah! This Week for CU’s Jewish Buffs – 9/30 (10/1/2019) - Here are this week's activities for CU Boulder's Jewish student community. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- The Best Lunch I Had This Week- All Thanks To Har Hashem Youth Program (10/25/2021) - Last Wednesday, Congregation Har Hashem’s Confirmation class hosted Yoav the Shinshin for traditionally Israeli food cooking class. Continue Reading
- CU Boulder Program in Jewish Studies 2 Offer 2 New Klezmer Programs (10/18/2021) - The Program in Jewish Studies and College of Music are pleased to offer two more online concerts this fall exploring klezmer music and Middle Eastern/North African Jewish poetic songs (piyyutim). The concerts will be in a webinar format, blending performance and discussion. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Cancels Final Outdoor Movie Night for the Season (10/5/2021) - The Boulder JCC has canceled this event, originally scheduled for Thursday night. We're sorry for any inconvenience/misunderstanding. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Launches New Weaving Program with Three-Part Workshop Series (9/22/2021) - Boulder JCC is excited to offer a special opportunity for you to become an amateur weaver or refine your technique! In the next few weeks, we will be presenting three separate series of multi-session workshops. Continue Reading
- Ahead of NYC Comic Con, Online Panel to Examine Superheroes and the “Jewish Multiverse” (9/22/2021) - “The Jewish Multiverse: Judaism and Superheroes” to take place online on Thursday September 30. Comic book writers Chris Claremont and Marguerite Bennett, along with comic book editor Danny Fingeroth are among special participants. Continue Reading
- Denver’s Neustadt Jewish Arts, Authors, Movies and Music Festival Lineup Announced; Tickets on Sale Sept. 22 (9/22/2021) - The JCC Mizel Arts and Culture Center is bringing famed talent to Denver in-person and virtually this fall through its 14th Annual Neustadt Jewish Arts, Authors, Movies and Music (JAAMM) Festival. The festival’s opening night is on Oct. 6. Continue Reading
- Monday: Webinar Concert on Contemporary Klezmer Music and Yiddish Song (9/16/2021) - Join Zoë Aqua and Adah Hetko for a conversation/performance centered around the contemporary klezmer and Yiddish song scene. Zoë and Adah will talk about their current projects, what inspires them, and how the histories of klezmer music and Yiddish song have influenced their work. Continue Reading
- CU Boulder Program in Jewish Studies Offers Webinar Concert on Contemporary Klezmer Music and Yiddish Song (9/5/2021) - Join Zoë Aqua and Adah Hetko for a conversation/performance centered around the contemporary klezmer and Yiddish song scene. Zoë and Adah will talk about their current projects, what inspires them, and how the histories of klezmer music and Yiddish song have influenced their work. Continue Reading
- Theatre Or Presents Free Webinar Series in Conjunction with Colorado Premiere of “Sisters In Law” (9/1/2021) - Theatre Or* and Tattered Cover present Honoring Justices Sandra Day O’Connor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a free webinar series designed as community outreach in association with the Colorado premiere of the play "Sisters In Law" by Jonathan Shapiro, produced by Theatre Or in association with Elizabeth Weber, Dale Franzen, and Don Franzen. Continue Reading
- This Ark Named Earth (8/26/2021) - A new poem from Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- Play It Again, Sam, at the Boulder JCC (8/19/2021) - Films will be shown outside, in-person, and under the stars, on the big screen with crisp 4K picture and dynamic sound. Bring your blankets, camping chairs, food, and drink (please no alcohol or glass containers), and enjoy a relaxing evening of cinema entertainment. Make the night a double feature by adding a tour of the beautiful… Continue Reading
- Colorado Hebrew Chorale and Kol Nashim Resume In-Person Rehearsals (8/19/2021) - The Colorado Hebrew Chorale and Kol Nashim joyfully announce the resumption of in-person rehearsals at the Hebrew Educational Alliance, 3600 S. Ivanhoe St. Denver. Continue Reading
- 4 Questions for Local Author Alexander Joseph (8/11/2021) - In honor of his two books being published this year, BJN had a few questions for Joseph, 4 exactly. Continue Reading
- Ignite Chanukah and ChanuConcert Inspire New Children’s Book (8/9/2021) - Former Boulder JCC employee Michael Rosenzweig has written a new children’s Chanukah book, called David the Dreidel. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Invites You to an Outdoor Music Concert (8/5/2021) - The Boulder JCC is excited to host an upcoming, in-person concert featuring Boulder’s own Cultural Caravan. This concert will be held outside on the beautiful Grant Family Patio. Continue Reading