Shabbat shalom and Shana Tovah 5780!
A recurring theme of this year’s high holidays is action and reaction to climate change and the recent speeches and protests calling for concerted effort to battle climate change and its effects. We are posting several this week for your thoughtful consideration.
Check our High Holidays page for all the latest New Year’s posts, as well as our Rosh Hashanah video playlist, also provided below.
Stay warm (that’s Colorado weather for you), and have a great weekend. We had a short week this week, so a relatively limited number of posts. Enjoy!
- This High Holiday Season, Commit To Joining The Fight Against Climate Change (10/3/2019) - This piece by Boulder's Yonatan Malin appeared in The Forward on September 25, 2019. Continue Reading
- 5780: The Year of Environmental Teshuva (10/3/2019) - The Jerusalem Post published this op-ed by Nigel Savage, CEO of Hazon, on October 2nd, 2019. Continue Reading
- MazelTogether and PJ Library Create Family Connector Program (10/1/2019) - MazelTogether has partnered up with PJ Library to create our Family Connector Fellowship Program. MazelTogether (MT) is a catalyst, connector, and concierge for local families with young children in the metro Denver community to find their people, their path and their place in Jewish life. Continue Reading
- Trees, Animals and the Weather – Rosh HaShanah 5780 (10/3/2019) - In honor of 5780, I planted 80 saplings in Colorado as a tribute to my teacher, my rabbi and mentor in London, Jonathan Wittenberg. Continue Reading
- Memories of Martin Bernheimer z”l (10/3/2019) - My remarkably accomplished brother Martin Bernheimer held a unique place in the story of my life. He passed away on September 29th. Continue Reading
- Rosh Hashanah in the Rockies (10/1/2019) - The Adventure Judaism Rosh Hashanah in the Rockies was relaxing, releasing, and reviving, with 153 participants gathered at Camp Granite Lake. Continue Reading
- L’Shanah Tovah! This Week for CU’s Jewish Buffs – 9/30 (10/1/2019) - Here are this week's activities for CU Boulder's Jewish student community. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Author Talk: Linda Kass, “A Ritchie Boy” (9/24/2020) - Tuesday, October 6, 6:00 - 7:00 pmPresented by ACE at the Boulder JCCIn conversation with Judge Murray Richtel Inspired by her father’s life, Linda Kass shares the little-known account of the Ritchie Boys. The Ritchie Boys were a group of primarily German-speaking, Jewish immigrants who worked in US Army Intelligence and helped the Allies win… Continue Reading
- God’s Voice is Between the Sounds (9/24/2020) - A new poem by Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- To Be or Not to Be: How Will the Performing Arts Survive the Pandemic? (9/10/2020) - Join Pesha Rudnick, the founding artistic director of Local Theater Company in Boulder, as she describes how it’s anything but “business as usual” for the performing arts these days. Continue Reading
- L’Chaim – A Taste of Jewish Music from MOROCCO! (9/10/2020) - Attendees will “travel” to Morocco together with guest presenter, Dr. Vaness Paloma Elbaz, who will share Jewish music and food with a High Holidays in Morocco theme. Continue Reading
- The Edges Of Illusion (9/10/2020) - I was the ninth winner in the Hassidic creative contest with this poem, among hundreds of submissions. Continue Reading
- He’s In the Spark that Starts the Soul (9/10/2020) - A new poem from Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- Author Talk About the Life and Influence of Elie Wiesel (9/2/2020) - Ariel Burger, author of "Witness: Lessons from Elie Wiesel's Classroom," will speak on Sunday, September 13 via Zoom. Continue Reading
- Hidden Sparks Photography: Images of Ordinary Life in an Extraordinary Land (9/1/2020) - Join local, internationally-known photographer Bruce Shaffer as he guides us through images that are quirky and complex, comforting and disturbing, stark, and beautiful. They reflect his wanderings and work, far off the tourist trail. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC LitFest In Your Living Room (8/27/2020) - The Boulder JCC is proud to be part of a consortium of Jewish Community Centers from across the country to present over 30 authors this fall. Continue Reading
- Amidst the Flowing Lion’s Mane of Wheat (8/20/2020) - A new poem by Lisa Tremback Continue Reading
- ChaiFlicks, First Jewish Streaming Service, Launches in North America (8/16/2020) - ChaiFlicks has over 150 acclaimed films, documentaries, shorts and television programs including multiple award winning and classic films from the Menemsha Films’ library. Continue Reading
- Justice, Justice, Shall You Pursue (8/5/2020) - Rachel Amaru and Delia LaJeunesse are teaming up to launch the Children’s Book Initiative, an effort to get racially-conscious books in the hands of the children who need them most. Continue Reading
- BJFF Offers Opportunity to Watch New Israeli TV Series (7/30/2020) - "Unchained," Israel's hot new show, is being offered to our audiences for the month of August, with a discussion August 31 at 5:00 pm. Continue Reading
- I Have the Covid-19 Blues (7/30/2020) - A new poem from Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- “Bubbies and Sistas Know Best” Premieres July 27 (7/23/2020) - JLTV is proud to announce the premiere and release of "Bubbies and Sistas Know Best," where our three Jewish grandmothers engage in a heartfelt and often hard conversation with three African-American Jewish women. Continue Reading