Shabbat shalom and Shana Tovah 5780!
A recurring theme of this year’s high holidays is action and reaction to climate change and the recent speeches and protests calling for concerted effort to battle climate change and its effects. We are posting several this week for your thoughtful consideration.
Check our High Holidays page for all the latest New Year’s posts, as well as our Rosh Hashanah video playlist, also provided below.
Stay warm (that’s Colorado weather for you), and have a great weekend. We had a short week this week, so a relatively limited number of posts. Enjoy!
- This High Holiday Season, Commit To Joining The Fight Against Climate Change (10/3/2019) - This piece by Boulder's Yonatan Malin appeared in The Forward on September 25, 2019. Continue Reading
- 5780: The Year of Environmental Teshuva (10/3/2019) - The Jerusalem Post published this op-ed by Nigel Savage, CEO of Hazon, on October 2nd, 2019. Continue Reading
- MazelTogether and PJ Library Create Family Connector Program (10/1/2019) - MazelTogether has partnered up with PJ Library to create our Family Connector Fellowship Program. MazelTogether (MT) is a catalyst, connector, and concierge for local families with young children in the metro Denver community to find their people, their path and their place in Jewish life. Continue Reading
- Trees, Animals and the Weather – Rosh HaShanah 5780 (10/3/2019) - In honor of 5780, I planted 80 saplings in Colorado as a tribute to my teacher, my rabbi and mentor in London, Jonathan Wittenberg. Continue Reading
- Memories of Martin Bernheimer z”l (10/3/2019) - My remarkably accomplished brother Martin Bernheimer held a unique place in the story of my life. He passed away on September 29th. Continue Reading
- Rosh Hashanah in the Rockies (10/1/2019) - The Adventure Judaism Rosh Hashanah in the Rockies was relaxing, releasing, and reviving, with 153 participants gathered at Camp Granite Lake. Continue Reading
- L’Shanah Tovah! This Week for CU’s Jewish Buffs – 9/30 (10/1/2019) - Here are this week's activities for CU Boulder's Jewish student community. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Discover the Artist Marketplace at the Boulder Jewish Festival (5/19/2022) - The Boulder Jewish Festival has been known for years as an amazing place to purchase Jewish art and Judaica used in the celebration of Jewish holidays. We are especially excited by the number of artists that will have Judaica available. Continue Reading
- Israeli Dance Workshop June 18-19 (5/5/2022) - The Boulder Israeli Dance Group is thrilled to bring Argentine master dance teacher Marcel Marianoff to lead a dance workshop June 18-19 at the Avalon Ballroom, 6185 Arapahoe Rd, Boulder. Continue Reading
- Ignorance Grows Like a Weed Within the Garden of Eden (5/5/2022) - A new poem from Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- Confetti Bodies Dot the Streets (4/28/2022) - Lisa Tremback offers a powerful poem about current events in Europe. Continue Reading
- April Activities for Colorado Hebrew Chorale and Kol Nashim (3/31/2022) - The Colorado Hebrew Chorale and Kol Nashim present two programs in April 2022. Continue Reading
- “The Nanny” and the Jewish Stereotypes We’re Tired of Seeing (3/30/2022) - Stereotypes are surely innocent at the core and they shape aspects of life into digestible ideas...It however does not take a genius to conclude that stereotypes get things wrong. Continue Reading
- Will We Be A Bystander to Genocide? (3/24/2022) - A new poem from Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- Schmooze-a-Palooza Continues Virtually in 2022 (3/17/2022) - Schmooze-a-palooza has gracefully overcome the obstacle of COVID-19 and continues to offer students and audiences a performance they will never forget. Continue Reading
- Take a Free Virtual Tour of the National Portrait Gallery with Boulder Hadassah (3/10/2022) - On Thursday March 24, 2022, Boulder Hadassah is hosting a free, private, docent-led virtual hour and a half Zoom tour of the National Portrait Gallery, featuring women artists and their subjects. Continue Reading
- Messinger Gallery at the Boulder JCC Opening Reception (3/10/2022) - After a more than two-year absence of gallery openings due to the pandemic, the Boulder JCC is thrilled to be hosting a reception and artist talk on March 31 to welcome a new exhibition into the space. Continue Reading
- There’s No Shortage of Films To Watch Until The Next Boulder Jewish Film Festival (3/3/2022) - The Boulder Jewish Film Festival takes places November 3-13, 2022, but director Kathryn Bernheimer has plenty of films to recommend until then. Continue Reading
- March Activities for the Colorado Hebrew Chorale and Kol Nashim (3/3/2022) - The Colorado Hebrew Chorale and Kol Nashim have resumed live rehearsals! There are also programs on March 6 and March 20. Continue Reading
- A Kaleidoscope of Eyes Find You in Different Ways (2/24/2022) - A new poem from Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- God’s Eye In the Sky (2/10/2022) - A new poem from Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- Announcing the Kickoff of Beth Ami’s Good Movie Club (2/6/2022) - Beth Ami Colorado Congregation for Humanistic Judaism is launching a movie club that will focus on provocative films that have a connection to Jewish and/or humanistic values. Continue Reading