Shabbat shalom and Shana Tovah 5780!
A recurring theme of this year’s high holidays is action and reaction to climate change and the recent speeches and protests calling for concerted effort to battle climate change and its effects. We are posting several this week for your thoughtful consideration.
Check our High Holidays page for all the latest New Year’s posts, as well as our Rosh Hashanah video playlist, also provided below.
Stay warm (that’s Colorado weather for you), and have a great weekend. We had a short week this week, so a relatively limited number of posts. Enjoy!
- This High Holiday Season, Commit To Joining The Fight Against Climate Change (10/3/2019) - This piece by Boulder's Yonatan Malin appeared in The Forward on September 25, 2019. Continue Reading
- 5780: The Year of Environmental Teshuva (10/3/2019) - The Jerusalem Post published this op-ed by Nigel Savage, CEO of Hazon, on October 2nd, 2019. Continue Reading
- MazelTogether and PJ Library Create Family Connector Program (10/1/2019) - MazelTogether has partnered up with PJ Library to create our Family Connector Fellowship Program. MazelTogether (MT) is a catalyst, connector, and concierge for local families with young children in the metro Denver community to find their people, their path and their place in Jewish life. Continue Reading
- Trees, Animals and the Weather – Rosh HaShanah 5780 (10/3/2019) - In honor of 5780, I planted 80 saplings in Colorado as a tribute to my teacher, my rabbi and mentor in London, Jonathan Wittenberg. Continue Reading
- Memories of Martin Bernheimer z”l (10/3/2019) - My remarkably accomplished brother Martin Bernheimer held a unique place in the story of my life. He passed away on September 29th. Continue Reading
- Rosh Hashanah in the Rockies (10/1/2019) - The Adventure Judaism Rosh Hashanah in the Rockies was relaxing, releasing, and reviving, with 153 participants gathered at Camp Granite Lake. Continue Reading
- L’Shanah Tovah! This Week for CU’s Jewish Buffs – 9/30 (10/1/2019) - Here are this week's activities for CU Boulder's Jewish student community. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Dance That Crazy Tango with God (4/2/2020) - A poem by Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- Plenty of Jewish Films to Watch at Home (3/19/2020) - The Boulder Jewish Film Festival goes virtual with ways to watch and even discuss films at home. Continue Reading
- Virtual Story Time with Sadie and Ori (3/19/2020) - We thought the youngest among us might enjoy a virtual visit from Sadie and Ori for a Story Time. Continue Reading
- She Is In The Very Air That I Breathe (3/19/2020) - A new poem from Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- Remainder of Boulder Jewish Film Festival Canceled (3/11/2020) - The Boulder JCC announced this morning that they have canceled the remaining screenings of the Boulder Jewish Film Festival, effective immediately. Continue Reading
- “Aulcie” Is a Heart-Warming Festival Winner (3/10/2020) - Tickets are available for today's Centerpiece screenings of "Aulcie" and "Picture of His Life" with Dani Menkin in person. Continue Reading
- Despite Many Sold-Out Screenings, There Are Plenty of Seats Left for the BJFF (3/5/2020) - Find out what films are still available with our handy-dandy list Continue Reading
- Film at Boulder Jewish Film Festival Will Launch Holocaust Education Fund (3/2/2020) - To celebrate Irene’s life and legacy, the Boulder JCC is hosting a ceremony on the stage of the Dairy’s Gordon Gamm Theater prior to the Boulder Jewish Film Festival screening of “Those Who Remained.” Continue Reading
- Join CU Boulder’s Jewish Studies for Hebrew Schmooze-A-Palooza (2/26/2020) - The students of CU Boulder's Hebrew classes and the Program in Jewish Studies are pleased to present the sixth annual Hebrew Schmooze-A-Palooza, free and open to the public! Continue Reading
- Dani Menkin Follows Two Extraordinary Men on the Adventures of their Lives (2/26/2020) - The Boulder Jewish Film Festival Centerpiece presents two new films by Dani Menkin with the filmmaker in person Continue Reading
- “Shalom, Make Yourself at Home!”: New Jewish Museum to Open in New Orleans Fall 2020 (2/20/2020) - Exhibits at the Museum of the Southern Jewish Experience will explore the many ways Jews in the American South influenced and were influenced by the distinct cultural heritage of their communities, covering 13 states and more than 300 years of history – including Colonial, Civil War, World War II and the Civil Rights Movement. Continue Reading
- New Book by Rasof on Rasof (2/20/2020) - Henry Rasof is pleased to announce the publication of a collection of light verse and humor by his late father: "The Wit, Whimsy, Wisdom, and Wordplay of Bernard Rasof, PhD." Continue Reading
- Post-Oscars, BJFF Director Awards Pre-Festival “Kathryns” (2/19/2020) - Inspired by the Oscars, Kathryn Bernheimer makes up her own awards for the films in the upcoming festival Continue Reading
- BIFF 2020 Films of Jewish Interest (2/17/2020) - The Boulder International Film Festival released their schedule on February 14th, and it includes several films that may be of interest to the Jewish Community. Continue Reading
- BJFF Adds Five Screenings Based on Audience Demand (2/16/2020) - With tickets selling fast, the Boulder Jewish Film Festival has added five screenings of popular titles Continue Reading