Shabbat shalom and Shana Tovah 5780!
A recurring theme of this year’s high holidays is action and reaction to climate change and the recent speeches and protests calling for concerted effort to battle climate change and its effects. We are posting several this week for your thoughtful consideration.
Check our High Holidays page for all the latest New Year’s posts, as well as our Rosh Hashanah video playlist, also provided below.
Stay warm (that’s Colorado weather for you), and have a great weekend. We had a short week this week, so a relatively limited number of posts. Enjoy!
- This High Holiday Season, Commit To Joining The Fight Against Climate Change (10/3/2019) - This piece by Boulder's Yonatan Malin appeared in The Forward on September 25, 2019. Continue Reading
- 5780: The Year of Environmental Teshuva (10/3/2019) - The Jerusalem Post published this op-ed by Nigel Savage, CEO of Hazon, on October 2nd, 2019. Continue Reading
- MazelTogether and PJ Library Create Family Connector Program (10/1/2019) - MazelTogether has partnered up with PJ Library to create our Family Connector Fellowship Program. MazelTogether (MT) is a catalyst, connector, and concierge for local families with young children in the metro Denver community to find their people, their path and their place in Jewish life. Continue Reading
- Trees, Animals and the Weather – Rosh HaShanah 5780 (10/3/2019) - In honor of 5780, I planted 80 saplings in Colorado as a tribute to my teacher, my rabbi and mentor in London, Jonathan Wittenberg. Continue Reading
- Memories of Martin Bernheimer z”l (10/3/2019) - My remarkably accomplished brother Martin Bernheimer held a unique place in the story of my life. He passed away on September 29th. Continue Reading
- Rosh Hashanah in the Rockies (10/1/2019) - The Adventure Judaism Rosh Hashanah in the Rockies was relaxing, releasing, and reviving, with 153 participants gathered at Camp Granite Lake. Continue Reading
- L’Shanah Tovah! This Week for CU’s Jewish Buffs – 9/30 (10/1/2019) - Here are this week's activities for CU Boulder's Jewish student community. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- In This Infinite Clockwork of Time (10/31/2019) - A new poem by Lisa Tremback Continue Reading
- On Veterans Day, ACE Honors a Victory Over Evil (10/29/2019) - The last surviving prosecutor of the Nuremberg trials, Ben Ferencz is a tiny, tenacious American hero. Continue Reading
- The Immigrant Experience Takes Center Stage at the Boulder JCC (10/27/2019) - Join ACE for a special production of Amy Feinberg’s short play, “Ellis Island Stories” Continue Reading
- Boulder Symphony Offers Family Concerts This Weekend (10/23/2019) - Join us on Saturday October 26th at the Boulder JCC for this year’s magical and educative family concert. Continue Reading
- In This Fall (10/17/2019) - A fall poem by Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- Local Photographer Brian Hooker to Present at Boulder JCC (10/15/2019) - ACE continues to offer local photographers an opportunity to share their work with the community. Continue Reading
- Celebrating the Jewish Songsmiths of the Motown Era (10/13/2019) - Join ACE as we explore the Jewish contribution to R&B, Motown, and soul – all of which reflected changing racial relations during the civil rights era. Lunch and Learn on October 17, concert on October 27. Continue Reading
- New Book of Poetry About Jewish Spain (10/10/2019) - "Souls in the Garden: Poems about Jewish Spain," by Colorado author Henry Rasof, comprises poems inspired by the author's two trips to Spain, in search of voices and traces of medieval and modern Jewish Spain. Continue Reading
- Evening of Round-singing in the Sukkah (10/6/2019) - The Colorado Hebrew Chorale presents An Evening of Round-Singing in the Sukkah, Wednesday October 16 in Denver. Continue Reading