Shabbat shalom and Shana Tovah 5780!
A recurring theme of this year’s high holidays is action and reaction to climate change and the recent speeches and protests calling for concerted effort to battle climate change and its effects. We are posting several this week for your thoughtful consideration.
Check our High Holidays page for all the latest New Year’s posts, as well as our Rosh Hashanah video playlist, also provided below.
Stay warm (that’s Colorado weather for you), and have a great weekend. We had a short week this week, so a relatively limited number of posts. Enjoy!
- This High Holiday Season, Commit To Joining The Fight Against Climate Change (10/3/2019) - This piece by Boulder's Yonatan Malin appeared in The Forward on September 25, 2019. Continue Reading
- 5780: The Year of Environmental Teshuva (10/3/2019) - The Jerusalem Post published this op-ed by Nigel Savage, CEO of Hazon, on October 2nd, 2019. Continue Reading
- MazelTogether and PJ Library Create Family Connector Program (10/1/2019) - MazelTogether has partnered up with PJ Library to create our Family Connector Fellowship Program. MazelTogether (MT) is a catalyst, connector, and concierge for local families with young children in the metro Denver community to find their people, their path and their place in Jewish life. Continue Reading
- Trees, Animals and the Weather – Rosh HaShanah 5780 (10/3/2019) - In honor of 5780, I planted 80 saplings in Colorado as a tribute to my teacher, my rabbi and mentor in London, Jonathan Wittenberg. Continue Reading
- Memories of Martin Bernheimer z”l (10/3/2019) - My remarkably accomplished brother Martin Bernheimer held a unique place in the story of my life. He passed away on September 29th. Continue Reading
- Rosh Hashanah in the Rockies (10/1/2019) - The Adventure Judaism Rosh Hashanah in the Rockies was relaxing, releasing, and reviving, with 153 participants gathered at Camp Granite Lake. Continue Reading
- L’Shanah Tovah! This Week for CU’s Jewish Buffs – 9/30 (10/1/2019) - Here are this week's activities for CU Boulder's Jewish student community. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Boulder JCC Invites You to an Outdoor Music Concert (5/13/2021) - The Boulder JCC is excited to announce an upcoming in-person outdoor concert featuring Boulder’s own Cultural Caravan. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC LitFest is A-MAY-zing (4/28/2021) - The Boulder JCC has been in partnership with the Marcus JCC of Atlanta for almost a year to present our community with authors in conversation from their living rooms to yours. May brings seven new opportunities to meet interesting authors. Continue Reading
- The Show Must Go On – CU Boulder Hebrew Program Marks its Annual Concert with a Virtual Choir (4/28/2021) - This year, due to Covid-19, the event went virtual, and our three Hebrew classes, along with faculty and alumni, collaborated in creating a virtual choir performing the iconic Arik Einstein song "Ohev Lihiyot Babayit" (translated as “I Love to Be at Home”). See the video! Continue Reading
- The Magic of Shtisel (4/22/2021) - On May 13, join Morah (teacher) Yehudis Fishman, Rabbi Marc Soloway, and Daphne Lazar Price, the Executive Director of JOFA (Jewish Orthodox Feminist Alliance), for a lively discussion on this global Israeli hit drama. Continue Reading
- Hadassah Presents Virtual Mah Jongg Party (4/22/2021) - Boulder Chapter of Hadassah invites all Mah Jongg lovers to Boulder Hadassah’s virtual Mah Jongg Party on Sunday, June 6, 2021, Continue Reading
- New Programs Announced by Colorado Hebrew Chorale (4/18/2021) - The Colorado Hebrew Chorale announces its second season of “L’Chaim – A Taste of Jewish Music from – Anywhere!" The new series will offer programs on the fourth Monday of each month, starting April 26. Continue Reading
- Learn How to Make Two Healthy Chocolate Desserts (4/15/2021) - Join the Boulder JCC’s Women of the J (WOTJ) on Monday evening, April 19 for a virtual evening of cooking, chatting, and fun! Continue Reading
- Live Tonight: Cook Along with Chef Einat Admony (4/7/2021) - The JCC Mizel Arts and Culture Center is hosting its last featured event through it’s Neustadt JAAMM Festival for the season with Israeli chef, cookbook author, and restaurateur of NYC’s Balaboosta and NYC/Washington D.C.’s Taim, Chef Einat Admony, who will be joining the community virtually for a cook-along. Continue Reading
- The Boulder JCC Presents “The Tattooed Torah” – Film and Panel Discussion (4/1/2021) - The program will begin with a 22-minute viewing of the film followed by a moderated panel discussion and Q&A. Continue Reading
- Sh’ma Israel! (3/18/2021) - A new poem from Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- With a Few Days Left to Fest, and to Vote, a Few Favorites Emerge (3/17/2021) - The Boulder Jewish Film Festival Festival plans a wrap party and announces audience award front runners Continue Reading
- Announcing Hazon’s Inaugural Jewish Art Competition: The Shmita Prizes (3/16/2021) - Hazon, the Jewish Lab for Sustainability non-profit, officially opened submissions for The Shmita Prizes – an international arts competition with five different prizes. The goal is to draw attention to and raise awareness of the forthcoming shmita year (beginning Rosh Hashanah 2021). Continue Reading
- Festival Retrospective Tribute Features Luminaries and Authorities (3/14/2021) - Martin Sheen, Dara Horn, Susannah Heschel, Rabbi Yitz Greenberg and other guests join the Boulder Jewish Film Festival conversation. Continue Reading
- An Athletic Filmmaker With Rare Rigor And Vigor Returns To The Festival (3/11/2021) - Don't miss the opportunity to talk to Dani Menkin about his visually stunning and visceral human dramas on Sunday, March 14, at 2:00 pm. Continue Reading
- Leading Lights of The Yiddish Revival Discuss Its 40-Year Evolution (3/11/2021) - The Boulder Jewish Film Festival offers a unique discussion of Yiddish with Dara Horn and other distinguished guests. Continue Reading