Shabbat shalom and Shana Tova! This week again, we have lots of high holiday-related posts. In fact, here’s a link to our High Holidays page, with all the latest High Holidays content which you can bookmark to keep handy. Sunday night is when Rosh Hashanah begins, so we’ll be off until Tuesday night. We wish everyone a sweet, happy and peaceful 5779.
Meanwhile, stay cool and enjoy this week’s posts:
- Boulder JCC Announces 2019 Reflections Honorees (9/6/2018) - 26 Elul 5778 - The Boulder JCC is thrilled to announce the 2019 Reflections Gala Honorees, Miche and Noah Bacher and Cathy Summer and Steve Ellis.
- UpStart Launches Colorado Teen Fellowship (9/6/2018) - 26 Elul 5778 - UpStart Colorado’s Teen Fellowship will open its applications to Jewish high school students with an appetite for creating change, openness to feedback, and a commitment to collaboratively pursuing an idea that will inspire their community.
- Boulder, Colorado and Ramat HaNegev, Israel Form Official Sister City Partnership (9/5/2018) - 25 Elul 5778 - “Boulder is blessed with the opportunity to learn from our brothers and sisters in Ramat HaNegev. And we will have the opportunity to increase that blessing by sharing our ideas, our culture with them.” - Bob Yates, Boulder City Council.
- A New Beginning at CU Boulder Hillel (9/4/2018) - 24 Elul 5778 - The new staff at CU Boulder Hillel held successful Welcome Week activities as the Buffs returned to Boulder.
- Why the Shofar and Not the Violin? (9/5/2018) - 25 Elul 5778 - Did you ever stop to think about why we blow the Shofar on Rosh Hashonah?
- A Eulogy for Doris Small z”l (9/5/2018) - 25 Elul 5778 - In these frightening times where anti-Semitism and other forces of hate are alive and well in our world, we have an obligation to remember Doris Small, Devorah bat Moshe u’Miriam, and to tell her story, even though it’s no fairy tale.
- CU Boulder Hillel Announces High Holidays Program (9/4/2018) - 24 Elul 5778 - CU Boulder Hillel will again be hosting a variety of services and events for the High Holidays this year.
- Reserve Your Space at a Festive Rosh Hashanah Meal Fit for a King (9/4/2018) - 24 Elul 5778 - To bring in 5779, experience a lavish, home-made Rosh HaShanah meal you will not soon forget.
- The Essential Rosh Hashanah Cake (9/3/2018) - 23 Elul 5778 - This year for Rosh Hashanah, don't just dip your apples in honey -- celebrate a sweet new year in your dessert, too.
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet: Doris Small, z”l (9/3/2018) - 23 Elul 5778 - Doris Small passed away early in the morning of September 3rd, 2018, with her daughter by her side. The funeral will be Tuesday, September 4th.
- New CEO Headlines JEWISHcolorado 2018 Annual Meeting (9/5/2018) - 25 Elul 5778 - Join JEWISHcolorado on Thursday, September 13 as we welcome our new President and CEO at our 2018 Annual Meeting.
- Boulder JFS Presents 6th Annual Reel Hope Boulder Featuring ‘The Warmup Guy’ Bob Perlow (9/4/2018) - 24 Elul 5778 - Boulder Jewish Family Service (JFS) will host its sixth annual fundraiser, “Reel Hope Boulder” on Saturday, November 3 at the Boulder JCC. Reserve your space -- or sponsorship -- today!
Arts and Culture
- New PJ Library Selection Addresses Kids’ Moving Stress (9/6/2018) - 26 Elul 5778 - In Boulder, as in many other cities, this time of year brings many new families and new kids to town, which tempers the season's celebrations with special kinds of stresses.
- Local Author Liz Fox to Speak at the Boulder JCC (9/3/2018) - 23 Elul 5778 - First-time Boulder author Liz Fox will talk about her new book, “We Are Going To Be Lucky”, at a Lunch & Learn on Thursday, September 13, presented by ACE at the J and co-sponsored by Hadassah.