Shabbat shalom and Purim sameach! Purim starts Monday night — be sure to check out the Purim Celebration on Sunday at the Boulder JCC for the kids in the house.
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with our brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, and the women of this country.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Hazon and Pearlstone Now Adamah (3/2/2023) - Two organizations at the center of the Jewish environmental movement, Hazon and Pearlstone, today launched a new identity for their merging organization: Adamah. Continue Reading
- Column: Israel Is Our Business (3/2/2023) - Last week, Bibi advanced from severe tone-deafness to odious arrogance when he labeled protesters as “thuggish” and lectured critics on the meaning of democracy. When America’s ambassador to Israel urged Bibi to slow down, an Israeli cabinet minister told him, “Mind your own business.” Continue Reading
- Letter: “An American” is Just an Antisemitic Excuse (3/2/2023) - The deafening silence when it comes to "outrage" in the murder of American citizen Elan Ganeles demonstrates that both cases are solely about antisemitism not American citizenship. Continue Reading
- Purim in the (Boulder) Holyland! (3/2/2023) - Rabbi Pesach & Chany Scheiner, the co-directors of the Boulder Center for Judaism, personally invite you to partake in our grand Purim Celebrations this year. Continue Reading
- Crowdfunding Campaign for Camp Scholarships Begins March 6 (3/1/2023) - On March 6 and 7, the Staenberg-Loup Jewish Community Center (JCC Denver) will host its annual crowdfunding fundraiser called Tzedakah 4 Kids (T4K). T4K is a two-day long effort to raise money for the Robert E. Loup Scholarship Fund. Continue Reading
- Hadassah Shabbat on Shabbat Parashat Zachor (2/28/2023) - Hadassah, the Women’s Zionist Organization of America, Inc. announces the observance of its annual Hadassah Shabbat to be held on the Shabbat preceding Purim, Shabbat Zachor, March 4, 2023. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- From Dustin Hoffman to Mr. Haffmann – BIFF Offers Many Titles of Interest (3/1/2023) - The Boulder International Film Festival returns with something for everyone, including Jewish audiences. Continue Reading
- Upcoming Activities for Colorado Hebrew Chorale and Kol Nashim (3/1/2023) - This Sunday, March 5, Kol Nashim will continued its series, Jewish Leading Ladies of Broadway. Mimi Raizen will focus on Barbra Streisand who is a legendary actress and whose career has spanned over six decades. Continue Reading
- “I’VE GOT YOU IN STITCHES,” a Play by Wendy Miller at the Dairy Arts Center March 10-12 (2/28/2023) - Take this meshuganah ride with Wendy and her friends as she travels through time and space in an effort to discovery the truth about herself. The story is full of hilarity and chutzpah. Continue Reading
- NEW! Singing Circle Starts at the Boulder JCC in March (2/28/2023) - Michelle Wolf and Susan Berman will create an instant mini-choir on March 21 at the Boulder JCC. Singing together in a group can boost mental and emotional well-being, increase social connection, reduce stress, and improve cognitive skills. Continue Reading
- “Straight Talk” Program Brings Israeli and Palestinian Musicians Together in Boulder (2/28/2023) - It is rare for Israelis and Palestinians to sit down together to talk, let alone make music together. On March 20th, this program will include music, storytelling and a brutally honest discussion about the conflict in the Middle East. Continue Reading