Shabbat shalom! Today is the last day of the first half of the year — hard to believe that 2023 is halfway done. Hope you are able to take an especially long weekend to come, and happy birthday to America! Congratulations to our niece, Charli Velick, who is celebrating her bat mitzvah this weekend too!
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with our brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, and the women of this country.
Stay dry, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Column: Adam Schiff’s Censure Amounts to Antisemitism (6/29/2023) - Almost immediately I shuddered when I switched on the television Wednesday night last week and learned that U.S. Rep. Adam Schiff was censured by the House of Representatives. I felt as if I was watching a replay of the trials of Alfred Dreyfus and Leo Frank. Continue Reading
- Letter: CUNY Law School Speech Audience Not Versed in History (6/29/2023) - Perhaps the saddest point about a CUNY law student using her invitation to address her fellow graduates (Column: New York Times Compounds Harm Of ‘Fiery Speech’ That Bashes Israel Boulder Jewish News June 22, 2023) was that many in the audience probably didn’t know enough about the history of the modern State of Israel to… Continue Reading
- I Couldn’t Get Past Mah Tovu (6/29/2023) - A poem from Todd Greenberg Continue Reading
- Adult B” Mitzvah Class Begins in October (6/27/2023) - Here is your chance to study Judaism as an adult. (Offered privately or as a class.) Continue Reading
- Charli Avery Velick Bat Mitzvah (6/27/2023) - On Saturday, July 1, 2023, Charli Avery Velick, will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah. Continue Reading
- Parting the Seas (6/27/2023) - A new poem from Todd Greenberg. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- 3rd Annual Boulder Fine Art Street Festival on July 8 – 9 Kicks Off Colorado Summer of Art Tour (6/29/2023) - Howard Alan Events is proud to kick-off its annual Colorado Summer of Art Tour with more than 100 local and national fine artists filling the vibrant arts’ district of downtown Boulder during the 3rd Annual Boulder Fine Art Street Festival at 29th Street. Featuring world-class works of art spanning all mediums, the two-day, free event… Continue Reading
- On A Roll with Sushi-Making Class at the Boulder JCC (6/29/2023) - 25 community members recently gathered in their pursuit to learn how to make five unique sushi rolls and sip Sake at the Boulder JCC with Hapa Sushi and Sake Bar experts to help. Continue Reading