Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with our brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, and the women of this country, and we are thinking of and praying for all the victims of genocide, particularly the Shoah.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Neve Yaakov’s American Roots (2/9/2023) - News reports about the Neve Yaakov synagogue massacre have characterized that Jerusalem neighborhood as an “Israeli settlement” located in “predominantly-Palestinian East Jerusalem.” Continue Reading
- Column: Omar’s Removal is a Frightful Omen for All Other Israel-Bashers (2/9/2023) - As the competing votes tracked upward on the Congressional scoreboard last week, my memory summoned up a moment more than two decades ago when I spotted an anti-Israel sketch posted on a bulletin board at work. It featured a message that compared Israel to the civil rights struggles in the South. Continue Reading
- Read Any Good Books Lately? It’s Time for Another Beth Ami Readers’ Circle! (2/5/2023) - This is a very unusual book club, because we don’t require that everyone read the same book. Or that you read any book at all! Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Playback Theatre: American Stories (2/5/2023) - Whatever your relationship to this nation and its stories of itself, bring your American Stories and see them transformed into thoughtful, thought-provoking art on stage and in the moment. Come to listen, watch, and connect! Continue Reading
- NAACP Boulder County Presents Annual Freedom Fund Event Feb. 19 FREE (2/9/2023) - NAACP Boulder County is presenting the Nashville African American Wind Symphony (NAAWS) for our annual Freedom Fund event on Sunday February 19th at Macky Auditorium. We invite the whole community to join us in this premiere event featuring the only all Black symphony in the United States. Continue Reading
- CU Lecture on Religious Zionism: History, Impact, Relevance (2/8/2023) - The CU Program in Jewish Studies is hosting a public lecture on February 15th by Professor Kimmy Caplan of Bar-Ilan University on Religious Zionism and its importance to understanding Israeli society. Continue Reading
- Team CBE Israel Ride 2023 Group Forming Now (2/8/2023) - Team CBE, the official Israel Ride cycling cohort from Congregation Beth Evergreen (CBE), will host an organizational and information meeting on Thursday evening, February 16. Continue Reading
- Judaism Your Way Announces New Series “Unlearning Jewish Anxiety” (2/5/2023) - Do you ever wonder how life might be different if you felt less anxious? Continue Reading