Shabbat shalom! Yesterday was International Holocaust Awareness Day. Check out some of our coverage and local and international events below under Jewish Life.
As we reach a month after the Marshall Fire devastated portions of Superior and Louisville, Jewish Family Services and the Boulder JCC are access points to services. Here is a link to the JFS page to register for financial assistance, with links to mental health resources for adults and children. The Boulder JCC is offering FREE meeting spaces (equipped with tables, Wi-Fi) for those impacted by the fires or working to support our community. To reserve a meeting space, please email ReserveFreeSpace@boulderjcc.org. If you need any Zoom/virtual meeting support, please email Nancy.Lipsey@boulderjcc.org. Here is the link to the full Boulder JCC Marshall Fire resource page.
Please share with anyone you know in need — our community will get through this together.
Make sure that if you go out, you follow masking guidelines — Omicron is here! Stay warm, stay safe and healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Marshall Fire Shabbat Candle Club Deal (1/27/2022) - Through the Shabbat Candle Club, you can donate a month's worth of hand-made shabbat candles to brighten the lives of Marshall Fire families. Continue Reading
- Column: Give Colleyville the Hollywood Touch – To Confront Anti-Semitism (1/27/2022) - Rabbi Charlie Cytron-Walker needs to suspend his job search for a new pulpit. Instead, he must find a literary agent – if none of them have found him yet – and publish a book recounting his background and the 11 hours that Malik Faisal Akram held him hostage at Congregation Beth Israel in Colleyville, Texas… Continue Reading
- JCRC Welcomes Introduction of HB22-1077: Colorado Nonprofit Security Grant Program (1/24/2022) - The bill establishes a state-level grant program designed to enable houses of worship of any denomination, community gathering spaces, and all nonprofit organizations to complete capital projects that will serve to protect those using their facilities. Continue Reading
- Letter: From Kishinev to Colleyville (1/24/2022) - Is it just a coincidence that year in and year out "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion," a forgery about Jewish power, remains a best seller in Muslim bookstores throughout the world? Continue Reading
- Jewish National Fund-USA Welcomes New Boulder Campaign Executive (1/23/2022) - JNF-USA leadership are excited to welcome Abigail Mendel as the new JNF-USA Campaign Executive for the Mountain States regions. Continue Reading
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day Program: Through an Artist’s Eyes (1/24/2022) - Art is always intertwined with the social, and political worlds of its creation. In this program, Professor Willa M. Johnson will tell the stories of political dissidents and Jewish men, women, and children who were interned across Europe, including in the pre-war German city of Düsseldorf and in three war-period French camps, using the work of the German Communist… Continue Reading
- ChaiFlicks Commemorates Holocaust Remembrance Day with 6 Free Films (1/23/2022) - In honor of International Holocaust Remembrance Day on January 27th, ChaiFlicks (www.chaiflicks.com) will be offering six complimentary films on the platform to honor the six million Jewish victims of the Holocaust. Continue Reading
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day: A Memorial Event in the Arab World (1/23/2022) - This week, on International Holocaust Remembrance Day (January 27), the NGO Together Vouch for Each Other will hold a memorial event in an online format in Arabic with dozens of bloggers and influential participants from Arab countries. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- “The New Jew:” Watch the Docuseries and Join the Conversation (1/27/2022) - Ever wonder how Israelis perceive American Jews? "The New Jew" is a four-episode TV documentary series that showcases the cultural and political influence of the American Jewish community, alternative models for living a rich Jewish life, and the rifts in relations between Jewish Americans and Israel. Continue Reading
Here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado: