Shabbat shalom! Thank you Earth Day Lovers! From our JTree correspondent, JTree planted 4,000 trees for Earth Day – thanks to you and a National Forest Foundation match! Celebrate Mom with a Tree Donation this year! Thank you for reforesting! Love your Mother.
Chocolate alert! From local community member Barbara Trager:
Do you love chocolate? Dark delicious chocolate? Pieces of chocolate bark flavored with plantain crisps or with coconut bits or with roasted ground coffee beans?
Our kids, Mara and Patrick, have recently started a new business… Bibamba Chocolate, made from cacao trees grown on their farm in Cameroon, which they produce and package in Denver and sell throughout the state.
Mara and her assistant will be at the Farmers’ Market in Boulder this Saturday from 8 am to 2 pm and every Wednesday afternoon 4 – 7:30 pm for the next 15 weeks! We invite you to stop by and say “hi” and learn about their incredible story. Check out their website… www.bibamba.com!
There will be more stories about Bibamba Chocolate in the BJN in coming weeks.
Here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy!
- JEWISHcolorado Reconfirms 2021 Joyce Zeff Israel Study Tour (5/6/2021) - JEWISHcolorado has announced that its previously cancelled Joyce Zeff Israel Study Tour is back on for this summer with not just one but two trips for Colorado students. Continue Reading
- Column: Human Rights Watch Report Spews Up The Usual Omissions And Distortions (5/6/2021) - Palestinian society paints itself into a corner for more than seven decades, and then their friends liken Israel to an apartheid state. Continue Reading
- Upcoming Community Service Events: Baby Items and Blood Drives (5/4/2021) - The Boulder JCC is proud to partner with local community organizations in hosting community service events. All events will be held at the Boulder JCC. Continue Reading
- A New Reason to Visit New Orleans: Museum of the Southern Jewish Experience to Open May 27 (5/4/2021) - Officials with the Museum of the Southern Jewish Experience (MSJE) announced today that the new attraction will open to the public on Thursday, May 27. Exhibits will explore the many ways Jews in the American South influenced and were influenced by the distinct cultural heritage of their communities. Continue Reading
- Celebrate Shavuot with the Boulder JCC (5/6/2021) - The holiday of Shavuot begins the evening of May 16 and ends on the evening of May 18. Shavuot is the Hebrew word for “weeks” because the holiday occurs seven weeks after Passover. Continue Reading
- Ari Hoffman Bar Mitzvah (5/6/2021) - On Saturday, May 8th, 2021, Ari Hoffman will be called to the Torah as a Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet – Bernice Cohen z”l (5/6/2021) - Bernice S. Cohen, mother of Susan Cohen, died early the morning of May 6th, 2021 at age 99 in New York. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- JFS Boulder Announces New Lunchtime Series and Caregivers’ Group (5/4/2021) - JFS Boulder is excited to announce a new Caregivers' Support Group, and a series of lunch Zoom speakers. Continue Reading