Shabbat shalom! We’ve officially made it halfway through 2021. What a year it has been, and it’s only half over.
BJN welcomes new advertiser “Ali Roth Writes” with a 4 Questions interview. If you need a new resume, Ali could be your go-to solution. The Boulder JCC announced their second Summer Outdoor Movie event, “When Harry Met Sally” next Thursday night.
And on a serious note, if setting a Canadian all-time heat record for three days in a row this week wasn’t enough, the very next day, Lytton, BC literally burned to the ground. Our hearts go out to the 1,000 people who had to evacuate there with very little notice, as we’ve certainly known our own wildfire problems here in Colorado. Of course, we also send our condolences to those who lost loved ones in the Chamberlain Towers South building collapse in Surfside, FL.
Stay cool, stay safe, stay healthy!
- First-Ever Boulder Community Resource Fair for the Homeless a Success (7/1/2021) - On Wednesday, June 30th, Feet Forward, a Boulder-based nonprofit committed to homeless outreach hosted the first-ever Community Resource Fair for the Homeless in downtown Boulder. Twenty community providers attended to share information about programs and resources available to the homeless. Continue Reading
- 4 Questions for Ali Roth of “Ali Roth Writes” (7/1/2021) - Boulder Jewish News welcomes a new advertiser this month, "Ali Roth Writes." Meet Ali! Continue Reading
- JAFI Launches Global Informal Hebrew Education Program at Summer Camps (7/1/2021) - The Jewish Agency for Israel is launching a new program for innovative, informal Hebrew language education at summer camps throughout the Jewish world. Continue Reading
- Column: War And Pieces: The Shape of Teachers’ Anti-Israel Drive (7/1/2021) - Amani Barakat must be joking when she twice touts the “peaceful” tactics of an anti-Israel drive among West Coast teachers’ unions. Simultaneously, Barakat continues in a leading role in an organization that seeks the right of return for Palestinians to Israel, a mission that could readily lead to war. Continue Reading
- Torah, Fathers, Daughters and Me (6/28/2021) - Early in Parsha Pinchas, after a plague that kills off all the idolatrous Israelites, G-d instructs Moses to take count of the surviving Israelite sons age 20 and older for the purpose of distributing land as an inheritance after their fathers' death. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Boulder JCC Announces Second Outdoor Feature Film, “When Harry Met Sally” July 8th (6/28/2021) - Come enjoy this quirky romantic comedy amongst friends on our big screen with crisp 4K picture and dynamic sound at Summer Under the Stars. Continue Reading
- Teens: Go Backpacking with Adventure Judaism in August (6/28/2021) - Start a lifetime of adventure with a four-day wilderness experience. This backpacking trip is a great way to learn more about the outdoors, each other, and yourself. Continue Reading
Here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado: