Shabbat shalom! Here we are at Erev Xmas. Wednesday, Morah Yehudis Fishman posted a piece about everyone’s favorite holiday season movie, “It’s a Wonderful Life“: What Makes “A Wonderful Life?” It’s already blowing up the interwebs and garnered comments, so be sure and check it out.
For the last couple of weeks, I asked you to send suggestions you’d like to share around where to have (or order in) dinner on the 24th or 25th. We got an invitation from the Boulder County Center for Judaism, and from Miraim Paisner, “any CHINESE restaurant and maybe Korean or Thai as well. I like JIN CHANG ZANG on Valmont and 28th or CHINA GOURMET in North Boulder.” We also heard from Kal Zeppelin: “Tings in Lafayette on Public Road, or Spice China in Louisville (on McCaslin) is open Christmas Eve and Day!” Good luck and bon appetite!
Make sure that if you go out, you follow masking guidelines — Omicron is here! Have a great weekend everyone, and stay warm, stay safe, stay healthy!
- Oppenheimer to Speak at JEWISHcolorado Date with the State (12/23/2021) - The Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC), a program of JEWISHcolorado, is pleased to announce the 2022 Date with the State will take place on Wednesday, January 19, at the Consistory at the State Capitol in Denver. Continue Reading
- It’s Time for Some “Moonshot” Philanthropy (12/23/2021) - “Philanthropy should be taking much bigger risks than business,” said philanthropist Bill Gates. “If these are easy problems, business and government can come in and solve them.” Continue Reading
- Column: Blame Manchin? Our Political System Must Be Built Back Better (12/23/2021) - Instead of blaming Sen. Jon Manchin III for the uncertain status of the Build Back Better bill, perhaps we should direct our wrath at the ghost of William Paterson. New Jersey’s one-time governor might well be disgusted with himself if he was alive to witness the suspension of the $1.7 trillion social policy legislation. Continue Reading
- What Makes “A Wonderful Life?” (12/22/2021) - Many films of magical realism appear this time of year, across many cultures. One perennial favorite is Frank Capra’s ‘It’s a Wonderful Life,’ which first appeared when I was only three years old. I was determined to figure out why it became so popular and what could be a Torah connection. Continue Reading
- Shabbat on Snow is Back at Copper Mountain Resort (12/23/2021) - Adventure Rabbi's classic event, Shabbat on Snow, is back at Copper Mountain Resort in January and February! Continue Reading
- Volunteers Are Helping Workers Spend Christmas at Home (12/22/2021) - More than 500 volunteers are registered for the 26th annual JEWISHcolorado Christmas Mitzvah Project, designed to support community organizations and agencies, enabling staff and regular volunteers to spend time with their family and friends for the Christmas holiday. Continue Reading
- Join a Free Monthly Caregiver Support Group (12/22/2021) - If you are caring for or are concerned about an aging parent nearby or long distance, JFS Boulder invites you to attend Caring for Your Aging Parent, a free virtual monthly drop-in support group for adult children on the first Wednesday of each month. Continue Reading
Here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado: