Shabbat shalom! If your newish to Boulder, check out the Boulder JCC’s Farmside Family Shabbat tonight. Congregation Nevei Kodesh is holding a New Moon of Elul virtual retreat on Saturday – check it out! If you’re a young Jewish adult (or know one), Boulder’s Moishe House is sponsoring a field trip to Elitch Gardens in Denver on Sunday – check it out!
At 4 pm MDT today, the Olympic Women’s Marathon will be run in Sapporo, Japan. Watch for runner Maor Tiyouri, our Boulder-Israeli entrant!
Next week, the next round of four ShinShinim, teen emissaries from Israel, will arrive in Denver. Find out more in this post from JEWISHcolorado.
Stay cool, stay safe, stay healthy!
- SIPP’s Virtual Community Update, Sunday Aug 15th – Mini-Grants and New Directions (8/5/2021) - Boulder-based Sustainable Israeli-Palestinian Projects (SIPP) is hosting a Community Update via Zoom from 11:00 am to 12:00 noon Mountain Daylight Time on Sunday, August 15th. Continue Reading
- Four Israeli Students Set to Land in Colorado (8/5/2021) - JEWISHcolorado is set to welcome four young Israelis on August 13 -- recent high school graduates who have an opportunity to delay mandatory service in the Israel Defense Forces and serve Diaspora communities around the world. Continue Reading
- Column: Past Time for “Telling the Truth” About Palestinian Lies (8/5/2021) - As the saying goes, so many distortions, so little time. Bruce Ticker debunks a few popular ones. Continue Reading
- Boulder-Israeli Runner in Olympic Women’s Marathon Friday (8/2/2021) - Boulder Olympic long-distance runner Maor Tiyouri is at the Tokyo Olympic Games representing her native Israel. Continue Reading
- New Moon of Elul Online Retreat with Rabbi Dr. Tirzah Firestone this Shabbat (8/5/2021) - Nevei Kodesh, a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal Community invites you to join us virtually for prayer, study and connection! Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Hosts Farmside Shabbat for New(ish) to Boulder Families (8/2/2021) - The Boulder JCC will be hosting Farmside Shabbat for New(ish) to Boulder families on Friday, August 6, from 5 - 6:30 pm at the Boulder JCC Milk and Honey Farm. Continue Reading
- Sienna Kless B’nai Mitzvah (8/2/2021) - On August 7th, 2021, Sienna Kless will be called to the Torah as B'nai Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
- Talia Horowitz-Mason Bat Mitzvah (8/2/2021) - On Saturday, August 7th, 2021, Talia Horowitz-Mason will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah at Congregation Nevei Kodesh. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Boulder JCC Invites You to an Outdoor Music Concert (8/5/2021) - The Boulder JCC is excited to host an upcoming, in-person concert featuring Boulder’s own Cultural Caravan. This concert will be held outside on the beautiful Grant Family Patio. Continue Reading
- First Friday on Thursday: Rising Antisemitism in our Community and Country with Scott Levin (8/2/2021) - Please join Bonai Shalom this Thursday, August 5 at 7:00 pm (on Zoom). Continue Reading
Here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado: