Have a great weekend and enjoy this week’s posts:
- JCRC Announces 2018 Honorees to be Celebrated at Annual Luncheon (3/8/2018) - 21 Adar II 5778 - The Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC), a program of JEWISHcolorado, is pleased to announce its 2018 Leadership Awards to be presented at its annual luncheon on March 22.
- The Shape Of Our Inner Monsters (3/8/2018) - 21 Adar II 5778 - When I saw ‘The Shape of Water,’ this year’s Oscar winner, and winner of the Golden Globe awards, I was at first repulsed but then intrigued, both with the film and its director Guillermo Del Toro.
- Shabbat Nugget: Ending the Book of Exodus (3/8/2018) - 21 Adar II 5778 - This Shabbos we conclude the Book of Exodus by reading the final two portions called, "Vayakhel" and "Pekudei".
- I’ll Be Your Mirror – Parshat Vayakhel-Pikudei (3/8/2018) - 21 Adar II 5778 - Got a hot one for you this week, folks! Send the kids out of the room, because this Torah is for adults only...
- Rabbi Marc’s A Dash of Drash – Dreamers and Builders: Episode 60 (3/8/2018) - 21 Adar II 5778 - The Book of Exodus ends with the vision of the Mishkan (Tabernacle) becoming manifest, built and completed under the leadership of architect and builder-in-chief Betzalel.
- Community Second Seder at Har HaShem (3/4/2018) - 17 Adar II 5778 - Bring your family and join your friends at Congregation Har HaShem's second night Seder on Saturday, March 31.
- 4 Questions for Rabbi Pesach Scheiner (3/6/2018) - 19 Adar II 5778 - Rabbi Pesach Scheiner, co-director of the Boulder County Center for Judaism and author of "Finding the Joy in Everyday Living," answers four questions about his upcoming seminar this Sunday.
Arts & Culture
- “Dead Sea Scrolls” Coming To Denver (3/6/2018) - 19 Adar II 5778 - “Dead Sea Scrolls,” the exhibition that has captivated millions around the world, will open at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science on March 16.
- When the Nazis Hosted the Olympics (3/6/2018) - 19 Adar II 5778 - Award-winning historian and biographer Oliver Hilmes’ new book "BERLIN 1936: Sixteen Days in August" (Other Press Hardcover) traces the events of the 1936 Berlin Olympics, a sporting and entertainment event that marked a paradigm shift in modern European politics.
- Critical Acclaim Heaped on Hungarian “Masterpiece” at BJFF (3/4/2018) - 17 Adar II 5778 - One of the best films of the year, "1945" plays the Boulder Jewish Film Festival, March 18.
- New Children’s Book Explains the Holocaust Through a Child’s Eyes (3/4/2018) - 17 Adar II 5778 - "Music of the Butterfly: A Story of Hope" allows children to view life through Renee's eyes-a child living through the Holocaust who remained hopeful of a brighter future.