Shabbat shalom! Have a great weekend and enjoy this week’s posts:
- Jewish Fraternity Announces Executive Transition (2/8/2018) - 23 Shevat 5778 - Andrew S. Borans, executive director of Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity will begin as chief executive officer of the Alpha Epsilon Pi Foundation in June. James Fleischer, currently the AEPi assistant executive director, will then become the fraternity’s chief executive officer.
- Diamonds in a Community (2/5/2018) - 20 Shevat 5778 - For many individuals with disabilities or special needs, life can be an uphill battle. But in Israel's Galilee region, JNF is helping make that steep climb a more forgiving and rewarding one.
- Shabbat Nugget – Jewish Civil Law, Principals or Justice? (2/8/2018) - 23 Shevat 5778 - In this week's Torah portion we learn many of the civil laws of the Torah.
- Rabbi Marc’s Dash of Drash: Impeccability (2/8/2018) - 23 Shevat 5778 - After the ecstatic and transformative moment of revelation at Sinai, Parshat Mishpatim (Exodus 21-24) calls on us to pay close attention to the details of our lives and the impact we have on the people and the world around us.
- Baruch Dayan Ha’emet: Elaine Einhorn Sturtz, z”l (2/5/2018) - 20 Shevat 5778 - Elaine Einhorn Sturtz, mother of Robert Sturtz, passed away on Shabbat morning, February 3, 2018 in Florida.
- Free Educational Tinnitus Seminar Hosted By Flatirons Audiology (2/6/2018) - 21 Shevat 5778 - If you find yourself to be affected by persistent noises in your ears, you may have tinnitus. Find out more at this free seminar at the Boulder JCC.
Arts & Culture
- Take Control of Your Moods and Live Joyously (2/8/2018) - 23 Shevat 5778 - Rabbi Scheiner of Boulder Center for Judaism and author of “Finding the Joy in Everyday Living,” is conducting a one day seminar on this topic.
- Is Now the Time to Write Your Life Story? (2/6/2018) - 21 Shevat 5778 - The popular Life Story Writing Class at the Boulder JCC kicks off yet another 6-week session on February 20.
- Four Questions for Author John Eisenhauer (2/6/2018) - 21 Shevat 5778 - Local author John Eisenhauer reached out to us to help publicize his book-in-progress. We thought a "four questions" interview would help get the word out about his project.