Shabbat shalom! Please take note that the Boulder – Ramat HaNegev Sister City application is coming up to the Boulder City Council in August, and the committee wants you to come to the meeting!
Stay cool and enjoy this week’s posts:
- BJCF Calls for 2018 Grant Applications (8/2/2018) - 21 Av 5778 - The Boulder Jewish Community Foundation is now accepting applications for 2018 Infrastructure Grants.
- Colorado Hebrew Chorale and Kol Nashim Announce Open Rehearsals (8/2/2018) - 21 Av 5778 - The Colorado Hebrew Chorale and its sister choir, Kol Nashim announce OPEN REHEARSALS in August as they launch their 2018-2019 season. The open rehearsals offer an opportunity for potential new singers to learn about the choirs and what they actually do.
- Rabbi Marc’s A Dash of Drash – Are You Satisfied? Episode 75 (8/2/2018) - 21 Av 5778 - It can be hard to feel satisfied in this world that screams at us that we always need more!
- Zachary Frieder and Isaiah Akiba (Zeke) Hirsh B’nai Mitzvah (8/2/2018) - 21 Av 5778 - On Saturday, August 4th, 2018, Zachary Frieder and Isaiah Akiba Hirsh Rothstein will be called to the Torah as B'nai Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem.
- Gazpacho: From Soil to Soup! (8/2/2018) - 21 Av 5778 - If Israel is the land of milk and honey, then Colorado is the land of tomatoes and peppers!
Arts and Culture
- Professor David Shneer Reviews NY Yiddish “Fiddler on the Roof” (8/2/2018) - 21 Av 5778 - In Professor David Shneer's latest article, "How Jewish Can One Fiddler Be?: Reflections on the Folksbiene’s Fidler afn dakh," he and colleague Professor Rebecca Kobrin of Columbia University consider why this Yiddish version of "Fiddler on the Roof" is the best rendition they've seen.