Seed to Table: A Confluence of Gardening, Local Food and Jewish Community is the event for you if you want to take your garden to the next level, or start your very first garden. If you’re involved with a garden at a Jewish organization, this event can help you weave meaningful Jewish content into the garden, and weave the garden more broadly into your organization’s Jewish life.
This will be a day of experiential workshops that will inspire and empower you to grow and enjoy your own food! Learn from presenters with expertise and passion, hear opening remarks from Congressman Jared Polis (by video), and enjoy a delicious catered kosher lunch featuring locally-grown ingredients.
Sunday, March 19, 2017, 9:00 a.m – 3:30 p.m. at the Boulder JCC
- Tips for gardening in small spaces and planning your very first garden
- How to give your garden and farm some Jewish “roots”
- The trials and challenges of growing in the Colorado climate…and how to overcome them
- Master the skills of organizing and effectively managing volunteers for your farm or garden
- How to make your garden an exciting space for kids
- Garden Inspiration! Use what you grow for rituals and holidays
- And a special cooking intensive with a professional chef so that you can learn how to use all of your yummy produce and herbs!
Use discount code: earlyfreerangebird for $15 off the registration price, expires March 13th!