Shabbat shalom. Our hearts remain heavy with the weight of the last three weeks.
There are many fundraising appeals making the rounds. We have two: from JNF-USA and from The Kibbutz Movement. JEWISHcolorado has also opened an appeal. We will have more tzedakah opportunities in the coming days.
Our thoughts and prayers are once again with our brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, and the women of this country.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy. Am Yisrael Chai!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Clean Speech Colorado Volume 5 About to Begin (10/26/2023) - After witnessing one of the most horrifying examples of disregard for human life in decades, let's join together to restore a clear sense of the value of human life. Continue Reading
- Colorado Philanthropists Pledge $1 Million to Israel Aid, Say “Join Us” (10/26/2023) - Following the October 7th massacre in Israel by Hamas terrorists, Jewish National Fund-USA launched an Israel Resilience Campaign to meet the emergency needs of the residents of the communities most affected by the ongoing crisis. Determined to make a difference, Denver philanthropist , Bob Lembke, made a landmark $360,000 contribution to the campaign and called… Continue Reading
- Standing Strong: Ramat HaNegev Responds to Tragic Hamas Attack (10/25/2023) - Help our brothers and sisters in Ramat HaNegev today with their urgent needs taking care of the evaculated and survivors and families of the Hamas attacks. Continue Reading
- October Brings Farm to School Month to Boulder (10/25/2023) - October marks National Farm to School Month, a time to celebrate the connections happening all over the country between children and local food. Continue Reading
- Celebrating Excellence: Cynthia Weigner Chosen for Mandel Executive Leadership Program (10/26/2023) - It is with great pride that we announce an outstanding achievement within our organization. Cynthia Weigner, Senior Director of Operations at the Boulder JCC, has been selected as a participant in Cohort V of the prestigious Mandel Executive Leadership Program. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- The Boulder Jewish Film Festival Opens and Closes with “Music and a Mensch” (10/26/2023) - There's plenty of star power in the festival's surprisingly touching, music-filled opening and closing night films. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Hosts Shalom Boulder, a New(ish) to Boulder Welcoming Event on 11/1 (10/26/2023) - Meet your neighbors and learn more about the thriving local Jewish community at this free, in-person gathering at the Boulder JCC on Wednesday morning, November 1. Continue Reading
- Community-Wide Scholar-in-Residence Program November 30 – December 2 in Boulder (10/26/2023) - A scholar-in-residence weekend offers unparalleled intellectual enrichment, infusing fresh perspectives into a community. Continue Reading
- Har HaShem Hosting 2023 Symposium on Spirituality and the Environment (10/25/2023) - The Symposium will focus on bringing people together to explore perspectives on environmentalism from faith and spiritual traditions. Continue Reading
- Lessons Learned from Dialogue About Abortion (10/25/2023) - The Boulder JCC is partnering with YWCA Boulder County and YOUnify to host “The Power of Peacemaking” on Monday, October 30. The program includes a screening of the thought-provoking documentary The Abortion Talks, followed by a talkback with the Filmmakers. The Abortion Talks is an inspiring film based on the true story of the aftermath… Continue Reading