Shabbat shalom. Our hearts remain heavy with the weight of the last several weeks.
There are many fundraising appeals making the rounds. We have two: from JNF-USA and from The Kibbutz Movement. JEWISHcolorado has also opened an appeal. We will have more tzedakah opportunities in the coming days.
Our thoughts and prayers are once again with our brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, and the women of this country.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy. Am Yisrael Chai!
Here are stories from the last week:
- On Oct. 7 “Vishniac” Filmmaker Was in Tel Aviv, But Her Children Were Under Attack in Sderot (11/2/2023) - Israeli American director Laura Bialis discusses her film, "Vishniac," and describes her terrifying experience on October 7. Continue Reading
- Column: Free Palestine? Free the Brooklyn Bridge (11/2/2023) - We cannot be blamed for suspecting that 40-year-old Samantha Woll was stabbed to death at her Detroit home because of the crisis in Israel. Her murder occurred two weeks after Hamas butchered 1400 Jews in southern Israel, followed by Israel’s merciless bombing of Gaza. Continue Reading
- Letter: Hebron in August 1929 Says It All (11/1/2023) - If you listen or read the main stream media or listen to 99% of university administrators today, you would think that Hamas and the Auschwitz-like horrors that it inflicted on the Jewish people on October 7 is an aberration and that for entirety of the rest of recorded history Muslims have treated the Jewish people with… Continue Reading
- Elliott Siegel Bet Mitzvah (11/2/2023) - On Saturday, October 28th, 2023 Elliott Siegel was called to the Torah as Bet Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
- Teen D’var Torah – Parashat Noach (11/2/2023) - Morris Schwartz shares his d'var torah for parashat Noach Continue Reading
- Jews Around the World Come Together to Observe Shabbat in Solidarity with Israel (11/1/2023) - Global movement “The Shabbat Project” is bringing together Jewish communities in 1500 cities across 100 countries to “keep it together for Israel.” Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Upbeat Film, “Rock Camp,” Opens 2023 Boulder Jewish Film Festival (11/2/2023) - The 2023 Boulder Jewish Film Festival is open and runs now through November 12. Continue Reading
- Will You Walk With Me? (11/2/2023) - A new poem from Todd Greenberg. Continue Reading
- These Are a Few of My Favorite Films (11/1/2023) - Boulder Jewish Film Festival Founding Director Kathryn Bernheimer shares some personal recommendations. Continue Reading
- Boulder Hadassah Announces November and December Events (11/2/2023) - Boulder's Hadassah chapter announces three events for November and December 2023. Continue Reading
- Har HaShem Brotherhood Hosts Wine Tasting Fundraiser (11/2/2023) - Sample 7 types of Italian wine and learn about each one from a Torciano Wine School instructor! Continue Reading
- Holler the Challah at the 2023 Great Big Challah Bake! (11/1/2023) - The Boulder JCC’s Annual Great Big Challah Bake, presented by the Women of the J, will be held on Thursday, November 16. Continue Reading