Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with our brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, and the women of this country.
Stay cool, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Get Your Hands Dirty at Milk and Honey Farm (6/8/2023) - Milk and Honey Farm grows over 4,000 lbs of vegetables, most of which are donated to those in need. The operation of the farm greatly depends on volunteers who help on Mondays and Thursdays throughout the growing season. Continue Reading
- Column: Must Pittsburgh Jews Endure Another Trial? (6/8/2023) - Pittsburgh’s Jewish community is currently forced to relive the murders of 11 members of three congregations who gathered to worship at Tree of Life synagogue on Oct. 27, 2018, and the experience is obviously most traumatic for surviving victims who testified at the alleged gunman’s trial. Continue Reading
- Rain Fails to Dampen Boulder Jewish Festival Spirits, Attendance (6/4/2023) - The 2023 Boulder Jewish Festival lived up to its "Rain or Shine" reputation Sunday as over an inch of rain fell on the Pearl St. Mall during the Festival. Continue Reading
- BJN Presenting Writer’s Clinic June 9th (6/4/2023) - Boulder Jewish News Editor and Publisher will present a learning session on creating content in WordPress to post in the Boulder Jewish News. Continue Reading
- Judaism Your Way Opens 2023 Registration for Customizable Open Tent Be Mitzvah Program (6/8/2023) - Registration is now live for Judaism Your Way’s 2023-2024 Open Tent Be Mitzvah cohort program. Discounted early-bird registration closes on Thursday, June 15th. Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet – Dr. Leonard Brown z”l (6/8/2023) - Dr. Leonard Brown (Leib ben Shmuel v’Bayla), father of Beth Ornstein, died peacefully at his home early on Thursday afternoon at his home in San Diego. Continue Reading
- Orli Ruben and Eliana Mertens B’nei Mitzvah (6/8/2023) - On Saturday, June 10th, 2023 Orli Ruben and Eliana Mertens will be called to the Torah as B'nai Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
- Isaiah Schwalb Bar Mitzvah (6/8/2023) - On Saturday, June 10th, 2023, Isaiah Schwalb will be called to the Torah as Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Bonai Shalom. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Join Us for an Extraordinary Gathering Marking the 9th Yahrzeit of Reb Zalman (6/8/2023) - This year marks the 9th Yahrzeit, the anniversary of the passing, of Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi. Reb Zalman was a long-time Boulder resident and the World Wisdom Chair at Naropa University. He is sorely missed! Continue Reading
- JCC Denver to Host Pride Shabbat, Organize Local Jewish Organizations to Participate in Denver Pride (6/8/2023) - On Friday, June 23 the Staenberg-Loup Jewish Community Center is hosting its annual Pride Shabbat with a Pride-themed Kabbalat Shabbat Service led by LGBTQIA+ community members, which is free and open to all. Continue Reading
- Now Recruiting Singers for the 2023 Jewish Choral Festival (6/8/2023) - This year’s 34th annual North American Jewish Choral Festival will be held from July 9 – 13, 2023 at the Sleepy Hollow Hotel in Tarrytown, NY. Continue Reading
- JFS Family Concert Experience (6/4/2023) - The JFS Family Concert Experience is Sunday, August 27 at Mission Ballroom featuring Grammy award-winning musicians Ozomatli. Continue Reading