Shabbat shalom! As we approach the yahrzheit of Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, founder of Renewal Judaism and long-time Boulder resident, both Congregation Nevei Kodesh (Jewish Renewal) and the Boulder Center for Judaism (Chabad Lubavitch) are planning events this weekend in his honor and memory.
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with our brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, and the women of this country.
Stay dry, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- JFS Offers Processing Groups for Those Impacted by the Marshall Fire (6/22/2023) - JFS is currently offering groups for those impacted by the Marshall Fire on Thursdays in July from 5:00-6:00 p.m. Continue Reading
- Column: NY Times Compounds Harm Of ‘Fiery Speech’ That Bashes Israel (6/22/2023) - If a reader can find the Times article, they must wade through one-third of the piece before getting a blurry idea of what the “fiery speech” is about and what “embers” are being fanned by whom. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Erin Donnelly Art Opening Draws a Crowd (6/20/2023) - In keeping with its mission to provide access to a wide-range of art forms and mediums, the Messinger Gallery at the Boulder JCC opened a new exhibit of local artist Erin Donnelly on Wednesday, June 14. Continue Reading
- Colorado Summer of Art Tour Kicks Off in Boulder in July (6/20/2023) - The series launches with the 3rd Annual Boulder Fine Art Street Festival at 29th Street on July 8 – 9, before stopping in Aspen, Keystone, Telluride, Beaver Creek and Steamboat Springs. Continue Reading
- God Listened (6/20/2023) - God heard me loud and clear yesterday... Continue Reading
- YIDSTOCK: The Festival of New Yiddish Music Returns in July to Amherst (6/22/2023) - The Yiddish Book Center is excited to announce the return of the annual YIDSTOCK: The Festival of New Yiddish Music from Thursday, July 13, to Sunday, July 16, 2023. Continue Reading