Pesach sameach — welcome to our late Passover edition. Check out our Passover articles here.
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with our brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, and the women of this country.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week or so:
- Column: Jewish Community Must Assume a Stronger Role Lobbying for Gun-Safety Laws (4/9/2023) - It is no revelation that stricter federal laws are needed that would require universal background checks and limit if not ban sales of assault weapons, and those controlling Congress refuse to do anything about it. Yet the ADL neglects to incorporate gun-safety laws into its recommendations. Continue Reading
- Letter: No Palestinian People? Some Arab & Jewish Leaders Agree (4/4/2023) - In August 1977 Zahir Muhsein, a member of the Executive Committee of the PLO, in an interview with a Dutch newspaper, declared the Palestinian people to be a propaganda invention... Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- National Poetry Month in April at the Boulder JCC (4/9/2023) - April 2023 marks the celebration of National Poetry Month, a month-long observance that honors the importance of poetry. Continue Reading
- April Activities for the Colorado Hebrew Chorale and Kol Nashim (4/4/2023) - During April, the Colorado Hebrew Chorale will participate in the community observances of Yom HaShoah and Yom HaZikaron. Continue Reading
- ‘A Vanished World’: Yom HaShoah Lecture 2023/5783 at Boulder JCC (4/9/2023) - The Nazi campaign of annihilation during WW II targeted not only Jewish lives but also Jewish cultural heritage and traditions. In her presentation, Prof. Dorota Glowacka will focus on Hitler’s deliberate destruction of Eastern European Jewish cultural and religious institutions, literature, and language. Continue Reading
- CU Boulder’s Program in Jewish Studies Mark Yom HaShoah with Public Readings (4/9/2023) - The Program in Jewish Studies along with the Singer Endowed Chair in Jewish History will hold a public reading of the names of European Jews murdered by the Germans and their allies during the Holocaust. Continue Reading
- “Irena Sendler: The Angel of the Warsaw Ghetto” Coming to Har HaShem (4/4/2023) - The Chai Life Group is Boulder's new group for single older adults (70+). Our next program, Irena Sendler: The Angel of the Warsaw Ghetto, is a one-woman show that will be performed at Congregation Har HaShem on Thursday, April 13. Continue Reading