Shabbat shalom! And, Happy Pesach/Passover, starting Wednesday evening April 8th. We hope that you will be able to share the day with family, even if by electronic means. If you can help, Boulder JFS and Boulder JCC have partnered to collect Passover supplies for those in need this year. Here is how you can help.
Also, for those in need of a little more help in getting your very local seder together, A Spice of Life is offering a complete Seder for 4 (to 6) that you can order until April 6th.
As a people and as a community, we are showing our resilience and ingenuity. You can find many online shabbat and Passover resources, both local and far afield, for streaming services or guides to davening alone.
From Rabbi Marc Soloway:
Hopefully most of us will be fine, even if our lives may never quite return to what we thought of as normal. For many in our wider community and beyond, this is going to be devastating and catastrophic.
There are all kinds of ways that we can help. I just signed up to rejoin the CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program with our wonderful Red Wagon Farm, who have lovingly partnered in growing food for us in the Boulder Jewish community for many years. They, like so many, are struggling and you can help by becoming a partner in the growing season and supporting an important local food source.You can sign up to join or support the farm here.
We can also donate to food pantries, help those in need, support local restaurants and businesses that remain open. I will hopefully be making a drop off run to Community Food Share before Pesach, for distribution to families and other agencies.
Our Boulder JCC has provided many helpful resources for us to give and to receive help during this time:
If you have something to entertain or engage people that you’d like to get out there, let us know!
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay warm, and have a great weekend.
- Today is Census Day! Have You Responded? (4/1/2020) - We encourage Coloradans to self-respond as soon as possible and make Colorado the state with the highest 2020 Census self-response rate in the nation! Continue Reading
- An Appeal for Help This Passover (3/31/2020) - Why is this year different from all others? This year we are all facing a global plague that has forced us into a desert of social isolation, void of human contact, and for some, basic needs. Continue Reading
- Boulder JFS, JCC Still Need Passover Donations Dropped Off (3/30/2020) - Donations still needed! The Boulder JCC is available Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm to take any drop off donations or any deliveries or shipped items. Please just leave by the front door. Continue Reading
- Order a Complete Seder for 4 from A Spice of Life (4/2/2020) - This year, let A Spice of Life give you a taste of the celebratory meal you love, even if you can't gather with your loved ones in person. We've put together a collection of our families' own recipes to bring a traditional Seder dinner to your table, and have included the Seder plate essentials for… Continue Reading
- What Kind of Pesach Is This Going to Be? (4/2/2020) - How is this Passover different to all other Passovers? Well, in just about every way possible. Continue Reading
- DIY Passover Seder (3/31/2020) - In response to those asking for guidance on how to prepare for their Seder for the first time, included is a list of To-Dos & FAQs. Continue Reading
- Online Offerings from Bonai Shalom – 4/1 through 4/11 (3/30/2020) - Online Passover services, and Passover preparation classes from Bonai Shalom -- You're invited! Continue Reading
- Westminster Chabad Offers A La Carte Menu for Your Seder Dinner (3/30/2020) - Chabad of NW Metro Denver is proud to offer their delicious seder menu so that you may conduct the Passover Seder in the brightest way possible from the comfort of your home. Continue Reading