Shabbat shalom! The fall holidays have passed and it’s a straight shot to Thanksgiving and Chanukah now. In a timely coincidence, Boulder Hadassah, the Boulder JCC and several other local organizations present a panel on sexual harassment at the BJCC next Tuesday.
Meanwhile, stay cool, or warm, (it’s that time of year) and enjoy this week’s posts:
- JCRC and NCJW to Host 2018 Candidates Forum (10/4/2018) - 25 Tishre 5779 - Join the Colorado JCRC and NCJW Colorado Section for the 2018 Candidates Forum on October 16th.
- Call for Attendance at 4th Moral Minyan at ICE (10/4/2018) - 25 Tishre 5779 - The FOURTH Community Moral Minyan is scheduled for Sunday, October 14 outside the ICE Detention Center in Aurora.
- Shabbat Nugget: The Cover-up in the Story of Creation (10/4/2018) - 25 Tishre 5779 - This Shabbos we begin to read the Torah anew. We begin with the portion of Bereshis which tells us the story of creation.
- Mia Welty and Mae Moeller B’not Mitzvah (10/4/2018) - 25 Tishre 5779 - On Saturday, October 6th, 2018, Mia Welty and Mae Moeller will be calledwill be called to the Torah as B'not Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem.
- Rabbi Marc’s A Dash of Drash – Creation of Adam – Good or Bad? Episode 77 (10/3/2018) - 24 Tishre 5779 - On the sixth day, according to the story, Adam, the first human form, is created in God's image. Was that a good thing?
- International Autism Expert from Israel to Speak in Denver (10/3/2018) - 24 Tishre 5779 - Autism Specialist, Tali Berman, will be hosting a 2-hour workshop sharing their innovative and integrative approach to autism on Sunday, October 14th in Denver Colorado.
Arts and Culture
- Community Sexual Harassment Panel Tuesday at Boulder JCC (10/4/2018) - 25 Tishre 5779 - “Is Your Flirting Harassing Me?” will be hosted at the Boulder JCC in partnership with Women of the J, the Boulder Chapter of Hadassah, and Congregation Har HaShem.
- Get “In the Mood” to Swing with Music@theJ (10/4/2018) - 25 Tishre 5779 - ACE explores the rich history of swing with a special screening, two dance classes, and a concert and dance party on October 28.
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute Announces Boulder Location, Open House (10/3/2018) - 24 Tishre 5779 - The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Denver is very pleased to announce the January 2019 opening of its new Boulder location.