Shabbat shalom! Don’t forget the Music@theJ Swing event at the Boulder JCC this weekend, and Reel Hope is only another week away.
Meanwhile, stay cool, or warm, (it’s that time of year) and enjoy this week’s posts:
- Letters: Awareness Becoming Action (10/25/2018) - 16 Heshwan 5779 - How can citizen-activists embody symbiotic solutions as we transition from our petroleum-pharmaceutical-addicted cyber-culture to an interfaith social permaculture—one that inspires, educates, and mobilizes peoples of diverse religious backgrounds?
- Letters: From Then to Now. And Where Next? (10/22/2018) - 13 Heshwan 5779 - "...I reiterate – this is never more necessary than today – that human beings can change things for good. It is the lesson of human history. It is certainly the lesson of Jewish history."
- An English Rabbi’s Civil Rights Journey in Alabama (10/22/2018) - 13 Heshwan 5779 - I was in Birmingham following a mission to Montgomery with 35 rabbis and other Jewish leaders, on a trip organized by T’ruah: The Rabbinic Call for Human Rights, to visit the incredible Legacy Museum and the National Memorial for Peace and Justice.
- Join Friends, Taste And Toast For November’s Women’s Friday Night (10/25/2018) - 16 Heshwan 5779 - Chany’s Challah is kinda famous. Consider joining an intriguing women-only dinner hosted by the Boulder County Center for Judaism.
- Rabbi Marc’s A Dash of Drash – Alabama and Akeida – Sacrificing our Children, Episode 79 (10/25/2018) - 16 Heshwan 5779 - Parshat Vayera (Genesis 18:1–22:24) includes towards the end the very challenging story of Akedat Yitzhak, the Binding of Isaac.
- Ellie Friedman Bat Mitzvah (10/25/2018) - 16 Heshwan 5779 - On Saturday, October 27th, 2018, Ellie Friedman will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah with Adventure Judaism.
- Jackson Kirshner Bar Mitzvah (10/25/2018) - 16 Heshwan 5779 - On Saturday, October 27, 2018, Jackson Kirshner will be called to the Torah as a Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Nevei Kodesh.
- First Ever “Pink Challah Bake” for Breast Cancer Awareness This Thursday (10/22/2018) - 13 Heshwan 5779 - This year’s Shabbat Project will include “Pink” challah bakes across the US, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which takes place throughout the month of October. In Boulder, the bake will be at the Boulder JCC on Thursday.
- Free! Global Day of Jewish Learning at Bonai Shalom (10/25/2018) - 16 Heshwan 5779 - Join 500+ communities in over 40 countries who are connecting through Jewish text on November 11, 2018.