Join B’nai B’rith Denver and YLN for a weekend in Leadville Colorado. We will be camping on Turquoise Lake, celebrating Shabbat at Temple Israel, maintaining the historic Leadville Cemetery and celebrating throughout the weekend. Come for the cemetery cleanup or the entire weekend. All are welcome!
The weekend will offer:
- camping on Friday and Saturday nights at Turquoise Lake for those who want to enjoy the great Colorado outdoors
- potluck dinners at the campground
- Saturday morning shabbat service at the restored Temple Israel, followed by an oneg
- a Saturday evening meal to the less fortunate at St. George Episcopal Church
- Sunday cleanup at the Leadville Jewish Cemetery, with complimentary breakfast and lunch for all volunteers
- other activities organized by B’nai B’rith’s Young Leadership Network
The town of Leadville will also be hosting its BBQ and Brews Festival the same weekend, for additional activities and entertainment.
We hope to make this year a special celebration in recognition of 20 years of performing this mitzvah.
For more information and to sign up for camping, carpooling, potluck, and more, visit our 2016 Leadville Cemetery Cleanup web page.