The Rebbe [Rabbi Menachem M. Schneerson, of blessed memory], taught that no solitary Jewish person ought to be left out of Passover,” said Rabbi Pesach Scheiner of the Boulder County Center for Judaism. “Every Jew, regardless of their background, affiliation, or even location, should have access to the provisions they need to celebrate Passover.”
With that precept in mind, the Boulder Center for Judaism is gearing up for their annual Taste of Passover project, an undertaking that involves the cooking, packaging, and delivering of many dozens of Passover meals throughout Boulder County.
As we each prepare to partake of our own appetizing Seder feasts with family and friends, our thoughts can’t help but go to those who need our help to experience their own ‘Taste of Passover,'” said Chany Scheiner, Co-Director of the Boulder Center for Judaism.
Among those who will receive these packages are:
- Seniors who can no longer prepare food for their own Seders or for their Passover week meals
- Individuals who are ill or otherwise unable to go out to be with family and friends for a Seder
- Those whose families are far away and don’t want to make an entire Seder or Passover meal for just themselves alone.
- People who simply cannot afford the special purchases that make a Seder and/or the many days of Passover meals possible
If you or someone you know falls into any of the above categories, please email BoulderJudaism@gmail.com or call 720-422-6776.
If you would like to help make sure that someone else’s Passover is full of deliciousness and meaning this year, there are many options available:
- Can you cook?
- Do you have a favorite Passover recipe you’d like to share?
- Can you help put together the Taste of Passover packages?
- Can you help deliver Taste of Passover packages?
- Would you like to sponsor one or more Taste of Passover packages?
If there are children or grandchildren around for the holiday, it’s worth remembering that the packaging and delivery of these little bundles of caring from one Jew to another is a wonderful way to involve children of nearly any age in the mitzvah of helping others.
If any of these mitzvot is something you can do to help create this special Passover event, please email BoulderJudaism@gmail.com or call 720-422-6776.