Where can you contribute to a traveling international art exhibition, eat Jewish food from India, harvest crops for local food banks, make your own lip balm, and eat a kosher dry-roasted locust? Only at the Hazon Jewish Food Festival, this Sunday, June 29th at the Denver Jewish Community Center.
There’s something for all interests and ages. Check out some of what we have in store:
- Food for Health and Healing
- The Hive and the Honeybee–An Introduction
- Filling Bellies and Repairing the World through Local Farming
- Healthy Smoothie Spin Class
- Aqua Dance
- Kids’ Adventures on the Topsy Turvy Bus
- Sync Up: Natural Timing and Why We Should Care
- How to Navigate the Grocery Store Chaos
- India, Iraq, Mexico, Morocco: International Jewish Cuisine
- Yoga Class
- Never-Ending Summer: Food Preservation
- Cigarettes and Cereal: What You Need to Know about Food Marketing
- From Plague to Appetizer – Locust Tasting!
- Children’s Story Hour and Challah Braiding
- Tomato Rabbis: Real Change In the Food Justice Movement
- Slice, Dice, and Eat! Cooking Demos
Register now before prices go up on Saturday!
Advanced registration: $20/adults, $10 ages 8-17, Free for kids 7 and younger
For families with at least one child under the age of 5, or expectant parents, your entire family can come for FREE by registering through Mazel Tot.