Shabbat shalom. Our hearts remain heavy with the weight of the last several weeks. Still, Thanksgiving and Chanukah approach, and we still have much to be thankful for here in Boulder. We can look forward to light-filled days in the future and pray that they spread to the whole world.
There are many fundraising appeals making the rounds. We have two: from JNF-USA and from The Kibbutz Movement. JEWISHcolorado has also opened an appeal. We will have more tzedakah opportunities in the coming days.
Our thoughts and prayers are once again with our brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, and the women of this country.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy. Am Yisrael Chai!
Here are stories from the last week:
- A Spice of Life Catering Thanksgiving Meal Boxes (11/16/2023) - Spice of Life is once again offering Thanksgiving Meal Kits, but the deadline for ordering is Sunday, November 19, so hurry! Continue Reading
- JEWISHcolorado Real Estate & Construction Network Launches Mentorship Program (11/16/2023) - JEWISHcolorado's Real Estate & Construction Network (RECN) has launched Leadership Alliance, a year-long mentoring program for individuals aged 25-35, involved in real estate and connected to the Jewish community. Continue Reading
- Column: From Rashida’s Big Mouth to Fears of Sitting Shiva (11/16/2023) - U.S. Representative Rashida Tlaib was censured by the House of Representatives for inciting statements against Israel, amid concerns her words may inspire violence towards Jewish and pro-Israel individuals. Continue Reading
- Community Update: Israel, the War, and Our Community (11/13/2023) - During this time, the Boulder JCC’s focus has been addressing the community’s immediate needs — safety and security, supporting Israeli families, creating opportunities to come together, and providing education about Israel and the war. Continue Reading
- Soul Care, Self-Care and Create Your Own Resin Glass Menorah (11/16/2023) - Join other Jewish women in Boulder County for a pre-Chanukah event on December 3rd as we explore the world of resin and learn more about Chanukah! Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet – Shayla Abood z”l (11/13/2023) - Shayla Abood, Shayla bat Leah v’ Lev, Nissan Cohen’s mother passed away on Friday, November 10, 2023. Continue Reading
- Don’t Miss Chanukah in Old Town Lafayette, Night 1 of Chanukah! (11/12/2023) - In a tradition that gains traction and attendees each year, the Boulder County Center for Judaism celebrates together for Chanukah in Lafayette. Continue Reading
- 5 Quintets About the Unknown, a Poem to God (11/12/2023) - A new poem from Todd Greenberg. Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet – Florence Melnick z”l (11/12/2023) - Florence Melnick, Jodi (Larry) Ansell's mother, passed away on November 10th. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Finding Comfort in the Communal Cinematic Experience (11/16/2023) - Viewing films through a post-October 7th lens at the 11th Boulder Jewish Film Festival. Continue Reading
- ReelAbilities Film Festival Shines a Light (11/16/2023) - The ReelAbilities Film Festival is back at the Boulder JCC on Sunday, December 3. The program includes several short films, documentaries on mental illness, and opportunities to meet with disability advocates and organizations in our community. Continue Reading