Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with our brothers and sisters under attack in Israel, Ukraine, and the women of this country.
Stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- 2022 U.S. Antisemitic Incidents Hit Highest Level Ever Recorded, ADL Audit Finds (3/23/2023) - Antisemitic incidents reported in the three-state region of Colorado, New Mexico and Wyoming in 2022 reached the second highest level in more than 10 years. Nationwide, antisemitic incidents surged to historic levels in 2022. Continue Reading
- Column: What Price Annexation? (3/23/2023) - The surest way to upset readers when writing about Israel is to trip over semantics. The surest way to upset me is to focus on semantics without addressing the larger issues facing Israel. Continue Reading
- Letter: Israel is Not America. Respect That Fact. (3/23/2023) - It is disappointing that so many Jews and Jewish organizations in America have completely lost sight of the existential difference between Jewish life in America and Jewish life in Israel. Continue Reading
- North American Jewish Leaders Urge Israeli Leaders for Compromise (3/19/2023) - JEWISHcolorado Board Chair Rob Kaufmann and Interim President and CEO Renée Rockford were among 30 Federation leaders representing communities across the United States and Canada who took part in an extraordinary, 24-hour visit to Israel to express their concerns with Israeli leaders on the proposed judicial reforms and to convey the implications these changes will… Continue Reading
- Seed Funding Will Launch “Jewish After School Accelerator” to Start Programs Across the U.S. (3/19/2023) - Jewish Kids Groups has received a grant to launch the Jewish After School Accelerator to help synagogues and other Jewish organizations across the U.S. start their own Jewish after-school programs. Continue Reading
- We’ve Saved You a Great Seder Seat! (3/23/2023) - Boulder Center for Judaism will once again host and prepare a mouth-watering multi-course feast replete with delicious wine and handmade Matzo for friends of our community who wish to celebrate Passover together. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Why Are So Many Gentile Actors Playing Jews? (3/23/2023) - Join Kathryn Bernheimer at the Boulder JCC on April 3 for a conversation about the constant casting of non-Jews in specifically Jewish roles. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC to Present a Unique Theater Experience: “We Are Our Stories” (3/19/2023) - Whatever your story may be, bring it to our Playback Theater performance and see your story transformed into introspective, thought-provoking art, on stage and in the moment. Continue Reading