Shabbat shalom. Just when we thought the nightmare of 2020 was over, we get the President inciting a violent invasion of the US Capitol in an attempt to halt the certification of President-elect Biden’s election. On the other hand, the Democratic Senate candidates in Georgia pulled out a double victory, giving Biden a slim majority in the Senate to work with when he ends Trump’s reign of terror in just under two weeks. Assuming we all make it that far. Is there a 14-day return policy for 2021?
While all this is going on, there has been some confusion this week on where Colorado is with regard to Covid and vaccines. Here are links to the latest information from the state of Colorado about Covid and about vaccines. Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/ requirements of Boulder County Public Health to combat COVID-19, including wearing masks in public and avoiding gatherings outside your family group.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay warm.
- Colorado JCRC Condemns Seditious Violence at the U.S. Capitol and Prays for the Safety of Our Elected Officials (1/7/2021) - Like many Americans, the members of the Colorado Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) watched in horror and disgust as extremists violently attempted to take control of the U.S. Capitol at the time that the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives were to certify the Electoral College vote count from the November election. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Launches Survey to Gauge Program Needs (1/7/2021) - The Boulder JCC has launched a community-wide survey to ensure they are offering programs that meet your interests. The survey takes 5-7 minutes to complete. Continue Reading
- God’s Gift to the Bronx? (1/7/2021) - As he experiences his first week in Congress, Jamaal Bowman will start on a path to do everything he suggests that Rep. Eliot L. Engel failed to do and perhaps even obstructed. Continue Reading
- Jacqueline Charlotte Steven Bat Mitzvah (1/6/2021) - On Saturday, January 9th, 2020, Jacqueline Charlotte Steven will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
- What the Virtual Boulder Jewish Film Festival Will Look Like (1/21/2021) - What to expect at the all-virtual 2021 Boulder Jewish Film Festival. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Presents “Saturday Night at the Movies!” with Judith Dack (1/21/2021) - Saturday, January 30, 7:00 - 8:00 pmThis is the talkback only! Once you purchase your talkback tickets, you will have access to stream the shorts. You can watch these films at your convenience before the talkback. Join Judith Dack and the Boulder JCC’s Arts, Culture, and Education Director Joy Eisenhauer for a talkback on films… Continue Reading
- Check Out January and February Activities of Colorado Hebrew Chorale and Kol Nashim (1/18/2021) - Yehoram Gaon Yehoram Gaon is widely considered to be one of the seminal male singers of Israel. During January and February 2021 the Colorado Hebrew Chorale and Kol Nashim offer two opportunities to explore his music through different lenses. Thursday, Jan. 21, 7:00 pm MST - Kol Nashim presents “Marvelous Musical Men – Yehoram Gaon.”… Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC presents Amplifying Voices: A Racial Justice Series (1/12/2021) - “Amplifying Voices” is a series of programs on the topic of race designed to bring together ideas of teshuva (recommitting to ways we can do better), personal growth, and reckoning. Continue Reading
- Discuss Science and Judaism Online with Dr. Noah Finkelstein (1/7/2021) - How is it that we understand the natural world and our place in it? Both science and religion seek to provide answers --- And notably, they are often placed in conflict/ opposition. Continue Reading
- This Week at Nevei Kodesh – Jan 8-13 (1/7/2021) - Nevei Kodesh, a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal Community invites you to join us virtually for prayer, study and connection! Continue Reading
- Shabbat on Snow This Saturday at Copper with Rabbi Jamie Korngold (1/6/2021) - Adventure Rabbi’s classic event, Shabbat on Snow, is back at Copper Mountain. Continue Reading
- Terrific Tastings Series From Boulder JCC and Osher Marin JCC (1/6/2021) - Are you looking to try something new or bring a little sweetness into your life? This series offers you the opportunity to sample exciting delicacies from the comfort of your own home! Continue Reading