Shabbat shalom, and chag sameach Pesach! Enjoy our Passover video playlist below.
Here are links to the latest information from the state of Colorado about Covid and about vaccines. As of today, April 2, 2021, all residents of Colorado over the age of 16 are eligible to be vaccinated. Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/ requirements of Boulder County Public Health to combat COVID-19, including wearing masks in public and avoiding gatherings outside your family group.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay warm!
- Column: Tragedy Could Have Been Prevented – With Slight Change In Federal Law (4/1/2021) - Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa lost control. That happened In November 2017 during his senior year at Arvada West High School. On March 22, he would once again lose control, this time in a Boulder supermarket. As Sunday’s New York Times recounts the first incident, “Several (friends) said he had a volatile temper. Mr. Alissa suddenly… Continue Reading
- Attend J Street’s First-Ever Virtual National Conference April 18-19 (3/30/2021) - Don’t miss out on your chance to join this landmark event and send a clear message to the Biden Administration about the principles and policies that American leaders must embrace to revitalize the pursuit of peace, justice and democracy in the Middle East. Continue Reading
- A Muslim King Sooper-Man. No, Not That One. (3/30/2021) - And no, I am not complaining about this one. On the contrary, I hold him in the highest esteem. His name is Abdul, and he works at the 30th street King Soopers grocery. Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet – Dianne Lynne Sprinces Bass z”l (4/1/2021) - Dianne Lynne Sprinces Bass, older sister of Jackie Sprinces Wong, died in her sleep on Monday, March 29, 2021. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- The Boulder JCC Presents “The Tattooed Torah” – Film and Panel Discussion (4/1/2021) - The program will begin with a 22-minute viewing of the film followed by a moderated panel discussion and Q&A. Continue Reading
- Surviving the Holocaust: One Boulder Woman’s Struggle for Life and Her Journey to Freedom (4/1/2021) - Maria Krenz will recount her story of survival this Wednesday, April 7th at 7:00 pm during Boulder’s Yom HaShoah program, presented by Haver, the Rabbinic Council of Boulder, and the Boulder JCC. Continue Reading
- 9 Reasons to Watch JFNA’s 2021 Israel Independence Day Virtual Event – April 15 (4/1/2021) - On Thursday, April 15 at 7:00 pm ET The Jewish Federations of North America and additional partners will host a one-hour virtual event to mark Israel’s 73rd Independence Day. Continue Reading
- Harry Rapaport’s Family: A Story of Holocaust Tragedies and Survival (3/30/2021) - Listen to the passion in which he takes us to that horrible time of the systematic annihilation of the Jewish people. Listen and relate his story to current times, when antisemitism runs rampant. Continue Reading