May 1948, when Israel was declared an independent nation, remains a monumental milestone for Jews in Israel and all over the world. In early May 2019, Israel is suffering under barrages of rocket fire from Gaza. Now, as then, Israel needs us to show her our support and love!
On Wednesday, May 8, we celebrate everything Israel on Yom Ha’atzmaut, Israel’s Independence Day. Our community will have the chance to join together for a fun-filled festive evening at Boulder JCC. This program is sponsored by JEWISHcolorado, Boulder JCC and the Boulder Israel Engagement Team (BIET).
Schedule of the evening:
- 4:45 pm – Doors Open
- 5:10 pm – Yom Ha’atzmaut Ceremony
- 5:30 pm – Food for purchase, music, community organization booths with family friendly activities and more!
- 5:45 pm – Colorado Krav Maga mini class Ages 13 and up
- 6:30 pm – Colorado Krav Maga mini class Ages 5 – 12
- 6:30 pm – Stories From the Negev: Enhancing the Region’s Future through Partnership
- 7:00 pm – “Heading Home: The Tale of Team Israel” screening
The free Krav Maga workshops are limited to first 25 to register per session.
Stories from the Negev: Come hear Jared White, partnership coordinator from Ramat HaNegev, Boulder’s new Sister City talk about how Ramat HaNegev has shaped his own life and what the region is doing to create a strong, dynamic and pluralistic future for all.
“Heading Home“: This stirring story of sports, patriotism, and personal growth charts the underdog journey of Israel’s national baseball team competing for the first time in the 2017 World Baseball Classic.
Yom Ha’atzmaut gives us a chance to celebrate what Israel means to each and every one of us. And brings us together to stand in solidarity for Israel and for our Jewish community here at home and all over the world.
FREE entrance, food and drink available for purchase. Please RSVP by registering.
BIET- the Boulder Israel engagement team is a joint committee of JEWISHcolorado and the Boulder- JCC. BIET works tirelessly year round to promote Israel engagement and create this events for the community. Thank you to all our community partners:
- ACE: Arts, Culture and Education at the J
- AIPAC – American Israel Public Affairs Committee
- Boulder-Ramat HaNegev Sister City Initiative
- Congregation Bonai Shalom
- Congregation Har HaShem
- Cornerstone Church
- Hillel CU Boulder
- Israeli American Council Colorado
- Jewish National Fund