It’s that time of year! Announcing the 2016-2017 Colorado Mini-Grants.
Hazon awards $20,000 annually to individuals and organizations in the Denver/Boulder metro area who want to make our community healthier and more sustainable. These mini-grants inspire and grow a range of programs and initiatives that use Jewish Outdoor, Food, Farming & Environmental Education (JOFEE). Grants range from $1,000 – $4,000.
If you’re interested but in need of inspiration, here are some ideas to get you thinking:
- Start a project or host an educational program that addresses food justice issues such as hunger, food deserts, and fair trade
- Host a healthy/sustainable cooking class in your Jewish community
- Launch an eco-kosher Shabbat group to share Friday nights with friends and family
- Host a food preservation workshop
- Start a new garden or expand an existing garden at a Jewish institution
- Lead a Jewish hike or bike ride
- Incorporate local, organic, and fair trade ingredients into your Jewish organization’s kitchen
Application deadline: 8:00 am, Monday, August 15, 2016