Summer vacation 2011 winds down in the Boulder area and school starts . . . NEXT WEEK!
While memories of the last few months are still fresh in young minds, before homework squeezes out every last drop of enjoyment of carefree days and fun times, tell us what you did Jewish this summer.
- The contest is open to Boulder-area teens (must live in Colorado, somewhere between 1-70 to the south and Fort Collins to the north. . .and be going into grades 7 through 12 this fall) who subscribe to BoulderJewishNews.org (free daily or weekly edition – click here to subscribe).
- Write an article (at least 2 paragraphs long) for Boulder Jewish News about a Jewish experience you had this summer. This can include camp, travel, hobbies, film, service projects. . .this is open to your interpretation of a Jewish experience. Please include photos if available. Include the key details of what you did, where, who else was involved, and what was Jewish about it.
- Boulder Jewish News will publish qualifying articles, then the fun begins!
- Four prizes will be awarded but you can only win once. Ties will be broken by a random drawing.
- The contest includes publishing on BoulderJewishNews.org, commenting on BoulderJewishNews.org, and “likes” on BoulderJewishNews.org. You are welcome to share a link to the article on Facebook or elsewhere, but comments and likes on Facebook do not “count” for this contest.
- Timing: articles may be submitted until August 25, 2011 at noon Mountain Time. Articles will be published at varying times based at the discretion of the editors and may be edited for quality control prior to publication.
- The contest will end at 10:01 am on September 8, 2011. Articles may still be open for comments and “likes” after that, but a count will be made at that time.
- One (1) $25 gift card will be awarded to one of the authors – this will be a random drawing.
- One (1) $25 gift card will be awarded to the author whose article gets the most Comments. Comments must be in English, written in full sentences, and be free of inappropriate language/unauthorized content.
- One (1) $25 gift card will be awarded to the author whose article gets the most Likes on BoulderJewishNews.org. Get Facebook likes by clicking the button below the article that looks like this –>
- One (1) $25 gift card will be awarded to the author whose article is the most inspiring, in the opinion of the Boulder Jewish News staff. So write well!
Share, comment, like and get your friends and family to do the same! Anyone can vote.
- All terms and conditions of BoulderJewishNews.org apply.
- Yes, one of your parents can be the submitter but the teen must be the writer.
Ready to start? Click here to login (register if you don’t already have an account), and tell your friends!
Bonus! If you participated in a mitzvah project this summer, please enter the info here and Boulder Jewish News will support the project with a donation (sponsored by 18 Pomegranates).