Food Conference – West
December 23 – 26, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
This December, Hazon will be running two conferences that will explore the dynamic interplay of food, Jewish tradition, and contemporary life. Through the generous support of Rose Community Foundation, Oreg Foundation, and 18 Pomegranates, Hazon is offering partial subsidies for a select number of Denver and Boulder area residents to participate in one of these two conferences and bring this work back to the Denver and Boulder communities. The subsidies will cover partial conference costs, and recipients will be responsible for the remaining conference fees as well as travel costs to and from the conferences. To learn more visit www.hazon.org/foodconference
Hazon’s goal is to bring a contingent from Denver and Boulder to each of these conferences and to catalyze the energy and learning from the conferences to support the substantive work around food and Judaism happening in the Greater Denver and Boulder communities. We are seeking a diverse group of participants including young professionals, families, full-time students, retirees, educators, leaders, and potential leaders.
The following will be expected from all Boulder area subsidy recipients:
- Get the word out about the Food Conferences – share this opportunity with any appropriate newsletters, listservs, institutions, affiliations to help us reach the full spectrum of the community;
- Active, enthusiastic participation throughout the entire conference – both conferences begin at 4 pm on Thursday and end at 1 pm on Sunday;
- Participation in the Colorado planning session at the conference, to discuss how to bring the learning from the conference back to Denver and Boulder;
- Plan and attend both a pre-event (November) and a post-event (January) in the Denver-Boulder area to help build community around the intersection of food & Jewish life and insure you gain the most from the conference experience;
- Substantive work upon returning home to support a project around food & Judaism in the community;
- Complete a post-conference evaluation designed specifically for Boulder and Denver area subsidy recipients in addition to the general conference participant evaluation.
Please submit your application by Sunday, October 17, 2010 to email@example.com.