I hope you have recovered from the hard work of the Boulder Jewish Festival! This year’s results were great, you had an 88% diversion rate! That’s up from last year’s total of 85%. I was extremely impressed with each vendor, and their willingness to use compostable materials. There was 100% vendor compliance, which is extremely difficult. . . 88% is the best we’ve had so far at that location. Great job!”
Following is a breakdown of the benefits of your recycling and composting efforts:
RESOURCES IMPACT – YOUR EVENT RECOVERED:
- 459 pounds of materials through recycling and composting
- 88% of all your discards!
ENERGY & CLIMATE IMPACTS – YOUR EVENT SAVED:
- 42 gallons of gasoline in energy savings
- 4,869 pounds of greenhouse gas emissions, the equivalent of taking .4 cars off the road for a year
COMMUNITY HEALTH IMPACTS – YOUR EVENT AVOIDED:
- 7.8 pounds of air pollution
- 4.1 pounds of water pollution
- 4.5 pounds of toxic herbicides that threaten plants, wildlife, humans and our food systems
- 1.018 pounds of substances that threaten human health, including carcinogens, particulate matter and volatile organic compounds
Thanks for working toward Zero Waste!
© Copyright Eco-Cycle Inc. 2009. All rights reserved. Calculations based on the environmental benefits calculator provided courtesy of Jeffrey Morris, PhD. at Sound Resource Management. Additional data sources included. For more information, contact Eco-Cycle at 303.444.6634.