In the 10 months since Boulder Jewish News launched online, BJN has published more than 800 articles, contributed (written) by dozens of community members and agency staff. As the new year approaches, we’re starting to see changes in organization-based communication tools. For instance, space devoted to “community interest” briefs is being reduced in printed newsletters. We are committed to growing the depth and reach of this resource.
To that end, we are hosting a free workshop for local agency staff and key volunteers on Wednesday afternoon, August 25, 4 pm at the Boulder JCC. Whether you are a “regular” contributor or a newly-appointed “publicity volunteer,” this workshop is for you. In it, we will cover:
- How to post an article
- The difference between a post and an ad – and the best ways to use each
- How to include images (new!)
- Calendar tips for “feeding” the community calendar
- and more!
As if that weren’t enough(!), your organization can get a free online BJN ad* by:
- Sending a representative to the workshop
- Subscribing to the daily email and encouraging subscriptions (free!) to your supporters
- Installing the headline widget on your organization’s homepage.
No RSVP is necessary but please be on time. Up to 2 representatives from an organization may attend. We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday afternoon!
*The ad will be a 1-week, 300×180 sidebar ad, your choice of run date based on availability. Must do all 3 to qualify for the ad.