There is a lot of comfort and warmth to be found in a bowl of soup. Imagine how much comfort you will find as you sample many different soups at the Women of the J are Soup Social and Cook-Off on February 22nd at the Boulder JCC, a special event taking place as part of the annual JFest Celebration.
Registration is now open for the best cooks in the community to share their soup-making expertise. Do you have an amazing black bean soup, a minestrone that keeps people asking for more, tomato soup that your kids request for lunch, or lentil soup that sings with just a hint of lemon? We are looking for you to join the WOTJ Soup cook-off!
Registration is open now for contestants and participants. Contestants must register by February 3 and will be informed by February 6.
- We want to offer as much variety as possible for the event. When registering as a contestant you will give two options of your first and second choice soups that you would like to prepare. We will inform you of which recipe has been selected by February 6.
- Your soup must be vegetarian-based and not contain meat, meat products, or shellfish.
- You will prepare your soup at home and bring it to the Boulder JCC by 5 pm on February 22.
- If you have a crock pot, slow cooker, or instant pot to keep your soup warm we will supply the extension cords, tables, and power. Please bring your own ladle.
- We would like you to bring at least 5 Quarts of prepared soup since we expect at least 100 people to attend.
- Once your participation is confirmed we will ask you to submit your recipe so we can create proper signage for each soup with allergy information. We will indicate if your soup is Gluten Free. If you will allow us, we will share your recipe with all the participants after the event.
- Your recipe does not need to be original but please cite the source of the recipe if it is from another chef or publication.
- The judging will be done blind, no one will know it is your soup until after all the votes have been submitted.
- We will provide all the bowls and spoons, napkins, and additional food and beverages for the event.
- The winner will have their name engraved on the trophy and get to keep the trophy at home until the next soup competition.
Do you want to have bragging rights and win the golden ladle trophy? Enter today.
Women of the J (WOTJ) creates programming to enrich the quality of Jewish life in Boulder County. The programming is focused on building community through social and educational opportunities, tzedakah (charitable giving), and tikkun olam (repairing the world). Women of the J connects women, transgender, and gender-expansive people of all ages and their friends of all backgrounds.