Shabbat shalom! As we reach three weeks after the Marshall Fire devastated portions of Superior and Louisville, Jewish Family Services and the Boulder JCC are access points to services. Here is a link to the JFS page to register for financial assistance, with links to mental health resources for adults and children. The Boulder JCC is offering FREE meeting spaces (equipped with tables, Wi-Fi) for those impacted by the fires or working to support our community. To reserve a meeting space, please email ReserveFreeSpace@boulderjcc.org. If you need any Zoom/virtual meeting support, please email Nancy.Lipsey@boulderjcc.org. Here is the link to the full Boulder JCC Marshall Fire resource page.
Please share with anyone you know in need — our community will get through this together.
Make sure that if you go out, you follow masking guidelines — Omicron is here! Stay warm, stay safe and healthy!
Here are stories from the last week:
- Watch “Responding to Antisemitism: An Interfaith Call to Action” (1/20/2022) - Community, government, and faith leaders in Colorado took part in a virtual event, Responding to Antisemitism: An Interfaith Call to Action, on Tuesday, January 18, 2022. See the event recording here. Continue Reading
- Column: As He Worshipped Guns, Texas Gov Prayed for Colleyville Hostages (1/20/2022) - What a relief that pro-gun advocates routinely offer prayers whenever innocent people are threatened with or harmed by firearms. Abbott maintained the pattern as we worried what would become of the four hostages at Congregation Beth Israel. Continue Reading
- How Zionists Helped Defeat Segregation in Baltimore (1/17/2022) - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day this year will be commemorated just before the 75th anniversary of a remarkable but little-known campaign by American Zionists and African-Americans that helped defeat racial segregation in Baltimore. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Denver Jewish Film Festival Returns February 14-March 1 (1/20/2022) - The 26th Annual JCC Mizel Arts and Culture Center’s Denver Jewish Film Festival powered by The Chotin Foundation will be held virtually and in-person from February 14 to 22 and will be followed by an entirely virtual festival from February 23 through March 1, 2022. Continue Reading
- The Doomsday Clock (1/20/2022) - A new poem about our times by Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
Here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado: