Register now to join us from your kitchen and bake along with others during the Boulder JCC’s Great Big Virtual Challah Bake presented by Women of the J. This is a great opportunity to bake along with friends and meet new people in the community!
Whether you are a weekly challah baker, or if you have never baked challah before, this event is for you! Baking sessions will be offered via Zoom from November 8 – 13 with recipes and techniques for all.
Baking sessions include:
- Traditional Challah with Eti Young and Debbie Garelick
- Vegan with Miche Bacher
- Gluten-Free with Mitten Lowe and Dianne Fishel from the Village Nosh Bakery
- Rainbow Challah with Karli and Kayla Sherwinter
- Stuffed Challah with the Challah Guru Mandy Silverman of Mandylicious
- We are also offering a Teen session led by local teen, Katie Rona, and a Flatiron Tribe session led by local baker, Audrey Kelly, from Moe’s Broadway Bagels
For those of you who are interested in learning more about braiding challah, Eti Young will lead a demonstration on Advanced Braiding Technique.
The week will culminate in a virtual community-wide Shabbat celebration on Friday, November 13 from 4:oo – 4:30 pm. We will celebrate Shabbat together and share our challahs from the week. And don’t forget to share your challah photos with us using the hashtag #boulderbakeschallah on social media. We will showcase your challah during the Shabbat celebration.
To learn more about the Great Big Virtual Challah Bake and to register, click here.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Boulder JCC 2020 Annual Sponsor
Design Studio & Front Range Design Center
2020 Great Big Virtual Challah Bake Sponsors
Colorado Capital Management
Debra and Robert Garelick and HomeSmart Realty
Kantor and Company
Moe’s Bagel Bakery