Shabbat shalom! Sukkot is in full swing, but winds down over the weekend and Simchat Torah is Monday. Our Sukkot Page is here, which you can bookmark to keep handy. The BJCC’s Milk and Honey Farm holds its family Sukkot celebration on Sunday, and the LemonTree March for Unity is Sunday afternoon.
Also of note, Rabbi Marc Soloway debuts his role as God a week early in “Oh My God“, a play running in Denver the next two weeks and then coming to the Boulder JCC on October 13 and 14.
If you missed them, or want to read or share them, you can find Rabbi Soloway’s Kol Nidre sermon here, and his Yom Kippur sermon here, and Rabbi Greene’s sermons here.
Meanwhile, stay cool, or warm, (it’s that time of year) and enjoy this week’s posts:
- Only 3 Days Left in Boulder JCC’s Historic Campaign (9/27/2018) - The community has one last chance to be a part of this opportunity. Donations of any size are welcome. Continue Reading
- New Program Is Training Secular Humanistic Jewish Officiants (9/27/2018) - The International Institute for Secular Humanistic Judaism (IISHJ) held its first class gathering for its newest program, the Officiant Program. The goal of the Officiant Program is to train and certify professionals to create and lead meaningful Secular Humanistic Jewish celebrations of the life cycle. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Announces 8 Days Left in Historic Campaign (9/23/2018) - The leadership of the Boulder JCC is thrilled to announce the end date for this historic campaign. On October 1, 2018, the Cornerstone Capital Campaign will officially conclude. Continue Reading
- Matan Gold-Edelstein Bar Mitzvah (9/26/2018) - On Saturday, September 29th, 2018, Matan Gold-Edelstein will be called to the Torah for Mincha as a Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Bonai Shalom. Continue Reading
- Ben Nehrke Bar Mitzvah (9/26/2018) - On Saturday, September 29th, 2018, Ben Nehrke will be called to the Torah as a Bar Mitzvah with Adventure Judaism. Continue Reading
- Fiona Gettelman Bat Mitzvah (9/26/2018) - On Saturday, September 29th, 2018, Fiona Gettelman will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah with Adventure Judaism. Continue Reading
- Teens: Come Roll with Us — Join BJTI for the Annual Sushi in the Sukkah (9/25/2018) - Boulder Jewish Teen Initiative invites you to celebrate Sukkot with us on Friday, September 28th at the Boulder JCC. Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet – Aviva Marilyn Robinson z”l (9/25/2018) - Aviva Marilyn Robinson, mother of Abby Kone Robinson, passed away on Sunday afternoon September 23, 2018, right before Sukkot in Michigan. Continue Reading
- CU Boulder Hillel Holding Parlor Meeting to Welcome New Director (9/26/2018) - Join CU Boulder Hillel on October 4th to welcome new Executive Director, Seth Reder. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- How the “Forverts” is Being Transformed in the Digital Era (9/27/2018) - Editor Rukhl Schaechter will speak at CU, exploring how the publication, founded in 1897 as a newspaper for Jewish immigrants, has adapted to the changing demographic of its readership. Continue Reading
- 4 Questions for “Two Neighbors” Founders (9/26/2018) - A Palestinian, an Israeli and a retired American couple met in Beit Jala… Continue Reading
- A New Year Poem (9/26/2018) - Lord! We have battled our dybbuks! Continue Reading
- Boulder Rabbi to Play God … Added Performance This Weekend (9/25/2018) - This fall God suddenly shows up for therapy in Israeli playwright Anat Gov’s “divine comedy,” running September 14-30, at the Pluss Theatre in Denver’s Staenburg-Loup Jewish Community Center. Produced by Theatre Or,* in collaboration with the Mizel Arts and Culture Center, Oh My God! is an early selection of JAAMM Fest (Jewish Arts, Authors, Music and Movies). … Continue Reading
- Inveterate Jewish Joke Collector Shares Her Trove at ACE’s Laugh and Learn (9/25/2018) - Enjoy a laugh as ACE explores what the best Jewish jokes reveal about the Jewish experience. Continue Reading