Everyone says that your wedding day is one of the best days of your life. That sounds like a lot of pressure to get everything “right”.
Whether you are planning an intimate ceremony deep in the Colorado wilderness or are Orthodox and looking for a traditional Jewish wedding, our newest endeavor, the online Boulder Jewish Wedding Resource Guide, can give you resources and information to help in the planning of your special day.
Our guide features:
- An easy to use officiant guide highlighting ceremonies for same sex couples, interfaith couples, and for couples looking for ceremonies aligned with a particular denomination. This is not an exhaustive list of officiants, but we feel this can get you started in your search for someone to help facilitate your special day.
- An explanation of Jewish wedding rituals from various denominational perspectives.
- Jewish wedding locations, synagogues in the area that could be the perfect home for your event.
- How to announce your engagement/wedding in the Boulder Jewish News.
- Information on Mikvah Shomeret, a mikvah in Boulder, open to women who would like to use or learn about mikvah as part of the wedding preparation
The Wedding Resource Guide is housed on the Jewish Together-Boulder website, a portal to information on being Jewish in Boulder County.
Jewish Together – Boulder will be launching more initiatives in the weeks and months to come. Stay tuned for A Year of Shabbat: One Community’s Passionate Desire to Connect and resources for your new baby!