Boulder Haver, the Boulder Rabbinical Council, is currently registering students for courses in Ethics and History, which begin Wednesday February 12, 2014. The course will be taught by Rabbi Josh Rose, Rabbi Ruthie Gelfarb, Rabbi Marc Soloway, and Morah Yehudis Fishman.
Ethics of Jewish Living: 2/12/14 –6/11/14. How do Jewish teachings shed light on contemporary issues such as the environment, inter-personal relationships, end-of-life decisions, and stem-cell research? This course explores the wisdom of ancient and modern rabbis, scholars and thinkers, offering multiple Jewish approaches to conducting our lives in the communal and private spheres.
Dramas of Jewish Living Throughout the Ages (History): 9/3/14 –2/11/15. What are the lessons of Jewish history — from the earliest wanderings of Abraham to today’s turmoil in Israel? How do the turning points in Jewish history influence our lives today? This course investigates how the Jewish past gives meaning to the Jewish present.
- What: Melton Jewish Learning Courses in Ethics and History
- Where: Congregation Har HaShem, South Building
- When: Wednesdays starting Feb 12, 2014 for 30 weeks with a summer break.
- Time: 6:45 pm – 9:00 pm
- Fees: $450 (FYI The actual fee is $1,000 but with a $550 scholarship from 18 Pomegranates and CAJE, its only $450.) + $50 for the reader
- Questions?: Call Yael Weinstein 303.951.0275 email@example.com Registration: http://www.caje-co.org/adult-education/