The Boulder Jewish Community Center just keeps breaking records with their annual event, Reflections. On this year’s ninth go-round last Saturday night, a perfect non-storm came together:
- an unusually balmy February night that kept no one away, in contrast to the 2015 snowmageddon event;
- excitement over the opening of the new BJCC building just months away;
- and three, count ’em three, sets of very deserving honorees: Bright Stars Julie and Bruce Shaffer, Rising Stars Kate and Corey Litwin and Volunteer Stars Ardee Imerman and Summer Lenderman.
The results were dramatic by the numbers:
- Over 500 attendees for the first time;
- Total fundraising of over $180,000;
- Including over $100,000 for scholarships to the BJCC’s youth programs.
Jonathan Lev, Executive Director of the Boulder JCC thanked everyone for their incredible generosity, and said:
“With the move into the new building, the Boulder JCC Preschool is growing over 40%, summer day camp offerings are doubling in size with the addition of Cherryvale Day Camp, and the J’s after school programs for kids ages 5-12 years are expanding. So the additional 33% raised in youth scholarships ensures that as the Boulder JCC continues to grow, we sustain our ability to say yes to every child.”
With the success of Reflections, you won’t want to miss the next major event of the season for the JCC and Menorah, the Boulder Jewish Film Festival. Also, the BJCC announced dates for the grand opening celebrations for the new building: September 12 -17, 2016. Be sure to mark your calendar!
Here are more pictures: