Congregation Har HaShem is pleased to welcome Rabbi Arik Ascherman to Boulder for the weekend of May 22-24.
Rabbi Arik Ascherman is the director of Rabbis for Human Rights (in Israel). CLICK HERE for more information about his organization. Rabbi Ascherman’s visit is sponsored in large part by Har HaShem’s Israel Programming Fund.
Here’s what Rabbi Glickman has to say about Rabbi Ascherman:
“I am delighted that Congregation Har Hashem will be welcoming Rabbi Arik Ascherman as its scholar in residence on May 22nd and 23rd. Rabbi Ascherman is internationally renowned as an advocate for human rights, and the organization he directs, “Rabbis for Human Rights,” serves as a significant rabbinic voice advocating for justice and peace in Israel. Hearing him teach will be a special opportunity for our entire congregation – one that we will surely remember for a long time to come.”
Events where you can meet Rabbi Ascherman and hear him speak:
- Shabbat services on May 22 at 6:00 pm
- The title of his talk is “The Power of Standing up for Right: Parashat BaMidbar, Shavuot, and Human Rights in Israel.”
- Torah Study on Saturday, May 23 at 9:00 am
- Community-Wide All-Night Shavuot Program on May 23-May 24, put on by Haver, Boulder’s Rabbinic Council. Rabbi Ascherman’s talk is at 1:15 am.
- The title of his talk is “Masechet Atzmaut: What Would the Talmud Say about Human Rights?
All events will be held at the North Building of Congregation Har HaShem and are FREE and open to the public.