While Chanukah is a little less than a month away, save the date for this year’s Menorah lighting on the Pearl Street Mall.
This annual outdoor event attracts a large crowd of children, grandparents, couples, singles, and passers-by each year, and has become a holiday ritual for numerous local Jewish families.
Put December 6th on your calendar now: the festivities begin at 5:45 pm and include these things regulars attendees have come to expect:
- A performance by the talented and well-loved musician Sheldon Sands,
- Plenty of fresh soufganiot,
- Small menorah and candle sets to take home,
- Abundant chocolate gelt,
- and the lighting of the giant Menorah by this year’s Boulder Lamplighter, Ron Werner of HW Home and Regional President of Jewish National Fund.
In addition, this year there will be:
- A fresh, hot Latke Bar created by local chef Josh Raderman, who is renowned as the best latke maker in town,
- An acrobatic and fire show by talented Acrobatic duo Sven and Brian!
Rabbi Pesach Scheiner, of the Boulder County Center for Judaism, reminds us that there is more to Chanukah than sweets and presents.
Lighting the menorah symbolizes one’s responsibility to light up and inspire the world and make it better and the conviction of the Jewish people that by adding just a little flicker of light we can dispel great darkness.”
For more information, call 303-494-1638 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.