- It was nominated for nine Israeli Academy Awards, with wins for Best Original Music, Best Original Soundtrack, Best Production Design and Best Costume Design.
- Director Beni Toraty borrows heavily from “The Magnificent Seven,” which in turn borrowed even more heavily from “Seven Samurai.”
- Toraty has said he made “The Ballad of the Weeping Spring” in large part to honor his parents, Iranian Jews forced to leave all their belongings behind when they fled their country for Israel in the massive aliyah of the early 1950s. What they brought with them was their love for Persian classical music.
- This is a riveting drama with outstanding music – described as “a pervasive pan-ethnic sound” – with heavy doses of humor and romance.
- The location is Israel but no places are named.
- The time is the present, more or less, but no dates are specified.
- This combination buddy-film, road movie, and cowboy flick has been dubbed a “Falafel Western.”
- TICKETS ARE STILL AVAILABLE: CLICK HERE
The Boulder JCC has canceled this event, originally scheduled for Thursday night. We're sorry for any inconvenience/misunderstanding.
Boulder JCC is excited to offer a special opportunity for you to become an amateur weaver or refine your technique! In the next few weeks, we will be presenting three separate series of multi-session workshops.