- It was nominated for nine Israeli Academy Awards, with wins for Best Original Music, Best Original Soundtrack, Best Production Design and Best Costume Design.
- Director Beni Toraty borrows heavily from “The Magnificent Seven,” which in turn borrowed even more heavily from “Seven Samurai.”
- Toraty has said he made “The Ballad of the Weeping Spring” in large part to honor his parents, Iranian Jews forced to leave all their belongings behind when they fled their country for Israel in the massive aliyah of the early 1950s. What they brought with them was their love for Persian classical music.
- This is a riveting drama with outstanding music – described as “a pervasive pan-ethnic sound” – with heavy doses of humor and romance.
- The location is Israel but no places are named.
- The time is the present, more or less, but no dates are specified.
- This combination buddy-film, road movie, and cowboy flick has been dubbed a “Falafel Western.”
- TICKETS ARE STILL AVAILABLE: CLICK HERE
Ladino, also known as Judeo-Spanish, is a Romance language with roots in medieval Spanish spoken …
Ladino, a Romance language of Sephardic Jews, is celebrated by artist Nani Vazana at Boulder JCC, highlighting the language's cultural legacy through music and new compositions.