Shabbat shalom, and happy Summer Solstice (9:54 am Friday June 21 in Boulder)!
BJN reader Miriam Paisner would like to offer a talk on “Jews in Polynesia” (including Hawaii) to any interested group around the community. More info here.
Have a great weekend. Here are this week’s posts:
- JCRC Celebrates 2019 State Policy Success (6/18/2019) - The JCRC is pleased to recognize 2019 policy advancements that will positively impact Colorado and the Jewish community. Continue Reading
- Musical Shabbat at Bonai Shalom Friday (6/20/2019) - Our music is ascending to a new level at Bonai Shalom - and I am not talking volume! Please join us THIS FRIDAY, June 21 in prayer and song to bring in Shabbat. Continue Reading
- Services Offered Saturday in Leadville at Historic Temple (6/20/2019) - Temple Israel, the historic synagogue in Leadville, is holding Shabbat morning services this Saturday. Continue Reading
- Har HaShem Invites Community to Margolis Campus Dedication (6/18/2019) - Congregation Har HaShem is dedicating the Margolis Family Campus on Saturday, June 29th from 3:30-6:00 pm at a musical Shabbat celebration. Continue Reading
- Presentation, Talk and Film on “Ritual and Grief” (6/18/2019) - Please join me for a presentation, followed by an excellent documentary and discussion on Ritual and Grief. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Boulder Author Writes Book About “Voluntourism” (6/20/2019) - Boulder resident Jeff Blumenfeld’s new book, "Travel With Purpose: A Field Guide to Voluntourism," shows travelers how to identify the right location and volunteer opportunity, how to go about planning trips and preparing for volunteering, how to reach out, how to help. Continue Reading