Position Summary: As a member of the Senior Solutions Department will provide care management and counseling services to older adults, adults with disabilities, individuals experiencing poverty and impacted family members in the Boulder JFS program.
Jewish Family Service of Colorado (JFS) is an established 147-year-old human services organization with a strong reputation for quality, high-impact services that benefit 22,000 people of all faiths, races, ages, incomes and abilities. With annual revenue of $12 million, JFS works to reduce hunger and prevent homelessness, provide quality mental health services to adults, children and families, offer job training and placement for people with barriers to employment, and provide support to help older adults maintain a high quality of life.
At JFS, we are proud of our positive work culture. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and benefits, including a generous holiday and leave program. JFS is a nonsectarian, nonprofit and inclusive organization.
More information about JFS is available at: www.jewishfamilyservice.org
• Education: Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Gerontology, or related human services field
required. LCSW and established Medicare provider, preferred.
• Experience: 2 -5 years’ experience working with older adults, adults with chronic illness/disability,
and/or individuals experiencing poverty, including client interviewing, assessment, care coordination,
• Other: Effective interpersonal communication skills, knowledge of resources and available
interventions for the population served.
Knowledge of current trends affecting older adults, individuals with disabilities and individuals
experiencing poverty, preferred.
Organizational and time management skills, experience with Microsoft Office products, and
familiarity with client database systems.
Ability to work autonomously, comfortable conducting face-to-face assessments in client
homes, and familiarity with developing and facilitating support groups.
Understanding of Jewish community and traditions, preferred.
Must possess valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance.
• Responsible for completing initial and ongoing assessments/reassessments to identify client service and
• Establish care plan goals with client, caregiver, family members and others.
• Provide brief or long-term individual therapy to older adults or younger adults dealing with disability and/or
chronic illness in their homes, assisted living facilities, skilled care facilities, or at the JFS office.
• Provide ongoing service coordination including, but not limited to, referrals, advocacy, and mediation with
the client and community service providers.
• Occasionally provides direct assistance with transportation to appointments requiring care manager
• Attends meetings as needed to advocate for client wishes/needs.
• Provides assistance and support to interns and volunteers.
• Attends professional seminars, trainings, in-services and other staff development
opportunities. Participates in meetings as requested.
• Designs and presents educational information to community stakeholders and JFS staff,
and represents JFS at community outreach events.
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirement to: Jean Marshall, Human Resources
Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
This Ad has been viewed 150 times.